iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ripping chain

Started by goose63, April 27, 2016, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Has any one here filed down stander'd chain to ripping chain and how did it work ?

I can order it from Granberg but shipping is a killer stupid_smiley say_what
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WV Sawmiller

Goose,

Have you checked the other sponsors? I called Comstock last week for a couple of loops for my Sthil 441 and they were very pleasant to deal with, competitive on price and prompt on delivery. Looked to me like they had a big selection of chain available. I didn't ask about ripping chains but would not hurt to ask.

Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

goose63

Thanks WV I will check them out
goose

scsmith42

I have done it and can attest that it is a lot of work.  Now I buy ripping chain in 100' rolls.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

goose63

I have a bought 75 feet left of stander'd and thought I would try two chains
goose

scsmith42

When we did it last year, for ever six pairs of cutters we removed five and left the sixth.  The tops were reground to a 10 degree angle.  This was for a dedicated slabber with a 7' bar.

If I recall correctly, FF members Logboy and Seaman both have experience doing this.  I relied upon their expertise when we reground ours.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

goose63

Thanks guy's $30. is just to DanG much for shipping on 2 chains
goose

WV Sawmiller

Goose,

Don't know where Granberg is from but Comstock only charged me $6.50 for shipping 2 chains. They used Priority mail and was here in 2 business days.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

BUGGUTZ

My local Husky dealer can get me any chain I want, NO ship charge to their store.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Thank You Sponsors!