iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking apart a CB classic?

Started by Engineer, March 05, 2016, 07:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

I need to take my CB classic (CL5648) apart this summer.  It's got at least one leak, and it's got some other issues that necessitate the removal of the sheet metal.  I'd like to remove the whole skin of it, or at least the roof, the side with the controls and pumps on it, and the front.  I can't figure out how to take any of the side panels off without removing the roof, and I am not sure how to take the roof off.  Need a little guidance here.

Also, there's some kind of soft black rubber-ish sealant that they used around any penetrations through the metal skin.  It's used around the door opening and around the chimney.  I need to figure out what this stuff is, as some of it has come off and there is now a rust problem.

I'd like to get some more years out of this boiler so I need to do a lot of maintenance work and repairs on it this summer.  It's been burning 365 days a year for ten years now, and it needs a break. 

Dave Shepard

I have the 6048. I think it's all spray foam under there. It may be very difficult to get in there. My roof is smashed. I think I'm just going to build a building over it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!