iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING A NEW EVENT!!

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2005, 05:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Folks, when getting ready to add an event, I want you to do it differently. The new software lets us add the events to this board, THROUGH the calendar. If you add them by clicking on the calendar, and choosing this board for the post to appear, The event will list on the forum calendar, and also list on the first page of the forum a couple days before the event, giving everyone reminder that it is coming up! :)

Simply click on the calender button when you are ready to add an event. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

It was simple, even I could do it.  :)  I think I was first too.   8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Yep, it works pretty good. It makes a thread, Marks the Calendar, links it back to the thread from the calendar, and when the time is right, puts an announcement on the front page.   :)

estiers

Ok, maybe I am doing it wrong, but I cannot figure out how to post like you said.  Am I clicking on the calendar tab at the top of the page, or is there another calendar?
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

chet

Dats da right place.   :)
Now go to the little tool bar on the bottom of the calender page. Change the calender to the month you want to post the event into. Then click on "post the event" and fill in needed info. Then click "post".
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

estiers

I don't have a post event icon.  Maybe I don't have enough trees to do it? :'(
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Jeff

You should have Erin.

Click on Calendar, then look near the bottom of the calendar for the post event button. You would have to be logged in to see it.

thecfarm

I didn't see it there either a couple days ago.Looks like it's workable now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redprospector

This is my first post here, and right away I'm showing my ability on the computer. I don't have a "Post the Event" button either.
I'll try again later, maybe it will appear.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

beenthere

Do you have the "calendar" at the top in the button lineup?  Click there and see if you can post it on the date you want.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Very new members are not able to post events.

Kevin

Although... new members have the  unique option of contacting our Event Posting Bylaw Enforcement Officer at chet@forestryforum.com in order to post events of interest.

Jeff

redprospector

Ok, I'll try my unique option. I think this event is worth posting.
I'm just glad to find out I'm not as dumb as I thought I was.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Roxie

Note to Jeff:  What a wonderful plan!  An Event Posting By-Law Enforcement Officer that doesn't speak English!! 
BRILLIANT!!!!  [/b]
Say when

tnlogger

gene

Jeff

Whats Yopper? Dat rymes wit chopper and copper and shopper. 

Yooper rymes with super and dooper and , ah, never mind that one. :D

Cut4fun

Just found this events section today. So sorry for always posting the Chainsaw Racing GTG in Ohio in the chainsaw section now for 2 years.
This is a great section here to see shows that I haven't seen before. I hope a lot of them have lumberjack events also.

Thank You Sponsors!