iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rainy Day

Started by Magicman, December 18, 2017, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

So I put a pot of peanuts on the stove to boil.

Next She decided to make Peanut Brittle, but not with my boiled peanuts.  Hers were parched.

Then she told me to dice an onion because she was making Chili.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

Did you put peanuts in the chili?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Well no, but I do see why you asked.   :D

Garnished with a bit of cheddar the chili was good but for some reason chili is always better to me the next day.  I guess that the meat soaks up the good stuff.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Chili is food for the soul and as you say it seems to be better reheated.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LaneC

Is that ground up Elk, beef or deer? Either way it looks good.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Magicman

Actually that was "store bought" ground round.  I have not ground any game meat for several years.  It's only steaks and pot roast.

GAB

MM:
Being from the land of the Maple, and never having been introduced to some of yall Southern Cooking, could you explain to me and maybe others why you folks boil peanuts? 
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

Sure, 'cause boiled peanuts taste good.   food6

Stoneyacrefarm

Ha ha.
I was waiting to hear something magical to come of Gerald's question.
Not that they taste good.  :D :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Magicman

Eating a bait of boiled peanuts is likened unto finding a hidden pot of manna.  Yes, magical.   8)

Stoneyacrefarm

The plot thickens.
Magic.
What the heck is manna? :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

GAB

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on December 19, 2017, 02:33:12 PM
The plot thickens.
Magic.
What the heck is manna? :D

Read your bible.
Hint start after the parting of the waters.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on December 19, 2017, 10:59:23 AM
Sure, 'cause boiled peanuts taste good.   food6

Do you use just water or do you add seasonings to the mass to be boiled?
Gerald

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

So help the one that says grits are from heaven.   think_not boxingsmiley no_no
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Just salt Gerald.  Use green fresh picked and washed peanuts (or frozen as these were).  Boil for a couple of hours and then turn off the burner and let them soak.  The slightly salted water soaks through the hull making the nut inside soft.  If the nuts are not soft, then boil them some more.  I drained and put these in the frig in a zip bag and we have already enjoyed a bait of cold boiled peanuts this afternoon.  Boiled peanuts freeze very well so you can enjoy a treat whenever the notion strikes.

Boiled peanuts do not have the peanut taste associated with parched peanuts nor peanut butter.  They taste like.....boiled peanuts.   ;D

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on December 19, 2017, 05:07:56 PM

Boiled peanuts do not have the peanut taste associated with parched peanuts nor peanut butter.                                      They taste like.....boiled peanuts. 

Yup, they do!

I never could quite acquire a taste for them!

If you've ever bitten into a ripe, raw bean, like Navy or Great Northern beans, you'll know what boiled peanuts taste "similar to!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!