iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

light grapple, old

Started by coastlogger, June 05, 2010, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastlogger

I am thinking of outfitting my PC75 Komatsu with a grapple for some occasional hoe chucking, log handling around mill etc. It wont get much use and Im looking for something kind of     cheap.Ive looked at the Valby site and of course I could get a new 50 inch for $4000. Hoping to find something off a forwarder or self loader that is way less than that. A fixer upper perhaps. Any ideas where to look anyone?? Could be anywhere in N America, West would be handiest.
lgr
clgr

Bruce_A

Cascade Trader, Chehalis, Washington.  360-748-1182

Ironwood

I was just up in Williamport Pa. and scoped a pile of grapple parts. Too big for me (heavy) for my 6-8000 lbs knuckle boom. Next time I am up that way I will scope it again and get some pics. Looked like there were two sets of grapple "fingers" and two upper mounts but no swivel that I saw. They were not what I would call a bypass set, instead they looked "nesting" like for log OR brush (there was flat bar plates welded side to side to capture things). I also know of a few "fixer uppers" down along the Pa. pike near Bedford, I'll try to get some pics.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

bill m

I have one I am willing to sell. No rotator. Would like to get $1000. for it.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Tim/South

I found on on an old log truck, paid $100 for it.

Bobus2003

I got a Grapple off a Serco 7000 Loader that i'm modify'n to go on my Link Belt 1600.. about the perfect size.. prolly only weights 500-600lbs

coastlogger

thanks much for the replies guys I will follow up. Bill is that the grapple in your photo gallery?or could you send pics?How heavy est?
Thx clgr
clgr

bill m

I don't have any pictures at this time but will try to get some in the next couple of days. I think it weighs about 300 lbs.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!