iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

light duty by pass grapples

Started by h2ofwlr, December 26, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2ofwlr

Good afternoon.  Looking for some advice from others that have gone done the path of  searching for the best grapple to put on a mini excavator,  12k lb  machine.    Going to be used for handling small logs 3 to 12 inch  and 16 foot long  and piling brush. thanks for your time and knowledge. Mark

DDW_OR

following
I have a bobcat 331 and a E80. going to be putting a stroke harvester on the E80

saw this
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,67465.0/all.html
"let the machines do the work"

mike_belben

If you are hand thinning dense small stems from around crop trees, id find a bypass shear.  They have a little stationary blade nested in between the grapple palm and pull the tree into it making your mini ex into a baby feller buncher.  Lift tree, swing around and lay it in a pile for the bobcat to grapple onto the truck. 

But they cant rotate, pins are fixed in the stick so its a rigid head, not dangle.
Praise The Lord

North River Energy

Was at the big trade show in Boston right after Thanksgiving. Noticed a lot of those compact track loaders that the operator stands behind. Most were kitted with some variation of a bypass grapple. I think one brand was maybe Ryan's? 
Anyhow, you might look into whatever is being used by the tree removal crowd, as many companies use those loaders with grapples to remove debris from residential yards.

chubby

Forum members actually get a 10% discount on FARMA grapples since they're a site sponsor. Complete kits for excavators are available.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,97870.0.html

h2ofwlr

Thanks  for the leads guys I will follow up Mark

47sawdust

I bought a Farma 34'' grapple w/o the rotator for my tractor.Right now it is hung from a 10k # lifting ring that I can lock  for picking up firewood logs to buck to length.Seems well made,made in Latvia.Mine is probably the smallest size.

Gallery is currently not available or I would post a pic.

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!