iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Harvest

Started by JV, October 30, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

Mid 50's and cloudy here today with thunderstorms probable tonight.  We have about 70 acres of beans yet to cut.  They are standing ok so far, just hope we don't get an early snow.  A neighbor has a couple of fields with some flat on the ground.  I would guess that a third of the crop of corn and beans are yet to be harvested in my immediate area.  Yields look good if we can get finished.  Just wondered how other parts of the country are doing.  I'm supposed to do a mobile saw job this coming Saturday if it isn't raining.  Four guys asked and only one was really interested.  Not much interest lately.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Southside

Corn was harvested a while ago, most cotton I have seen is now baled, saw a peanut combine last week but have yet to see a bean field that has been cut, tobacco is drying or that which is in the field is gone at this point.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Autocar

Most of the beans are off and there is quite a bit of corn standing. We got rain and there calling for more tomarrow. Trucking logs this morning I saw combines with duels and they were going to try today. This time of year it is a crap shoot as far as farming but for sure logging ! 
Bill

Grizzly

We provide custom baling so we chase the combines to get the straw. We finished baling last week but some neighbours still have some canola out. Corn silage is mostly done. Sunrise comes about 730 and sundown about 600 with temperature peaking at about 5°C so anything still out needs several days to get any kind of drying done. Supposed to rain/snow tonight so i think we're done for this year.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

JV

Speaking of canola made me think back when growers were looking for alternatives to corn and soybeans.  The remark was made that you needed a lot of duct tape for the combine and truck.  If they would hold water, they would hold canola.  I don't know how true that is, I never raised any.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

DelawhereJoe

Most of the corn and beans have been cut here, there are still a few fields left with corn not many though, some late planted beans are still dying from the last frost a few more weeks and they will be cut too.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Grizzly

Quote from: JV on October 31, 2018, 02:55:11 PM
Speaking of canola made me think back when growers were looking for alternatives to corn and soybeans.  The remark was made that you needed a lot of duct tape for the combine and truck.  If they would hold water, they would hold canola.  I don't know how true that is, I never raised any.
:D :D  Not quite but those old wooden boxes certainly weren't up to the job. I've seen duct tape in some early steel boxes but it's not quite that flowable that you really need to worry about it. It's one of our main crops up here because we don't have enough season to grow beans or cereal corn.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Autocar

There done here we got another 1 inch nearing 2 inches of rain it will take a freeze up now
Bill

Al_Smith

Most of the corn and beans are off .That that isn't was also late last year,same fields .

Gearbox

I got a call to help with sugar beet harvest . Was a slow wet harvest and some of the drivers had to leave . finished up on Saturday . Beet harvest for the Red River valley is complete .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ed

Beets were slowly progressing, to warm. Now it's cooler with rain, at a standstill.

Beans were going strong, very little corn off yet.

Rain was spotty this year, not hard to see who got it and who didn't.

Ed

Thank You Sponsors!