iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pesky Accuset problem was due to vibration

Started by terrifictimbersllc, May 26, 2012, 09:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

I have had an Accuset problem for too long which ended yesterday.   At under about 12", seemingly when the head was near the front of the mill, usually half way through sawing a log, I would get error messages, mostly transducer problem, in either auto down or set to bed modes.  Several phone calls to WM, and much checking of cables and connections failed to get to the bottom of it.  It seemed more prevalent when the mill didn't have perfect footing and things were moving around a bit too much as the head came back forward. 

Yesterday in a fit of frustration I put my hand on the transducer rod don't know whether I was going to rip it out or what, but I noticed it was vibrating with movement about as much as its diameter.  I took my glove off and wedged it in against the nearby sheet metal guard to stop the vibration.  That was the end of the problem.   Perfect performance for the rest of the day, and what a difference! 8) 8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

ladylake

Sure is nice when you get a pesky problem figured out. When I first got my B20 I had intermitent problems with the setworks untill I figured out the cord reel even brand new didn't make a good ground circuit all the time. I put a industrial one on and the setworks are 100% now unless it's operator error.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Peter Drouin

Thanks for the heads up Terrifictimberllc, I have not had a problem but I'll check it out :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!