iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1969 Franklin 140B

Started by Franklin_skidder_op, July 23, 2013, 08:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franklin_skidder_op

Hey guys,

New to the forum but purchased a 1969 Franklin 140B with my father a month or so back and have just finished changing all the oils in it since the previous owner wasn't sure the last time they were all done. Was wondering if anyone would have a manual for these old skidders or could point me in the right direction. Have checked ebay and google but all that turns up is a one page on the specs of the machine. It's got a 353 detroit which i found a manual on for just the engine but was looking if anything was available for the skidder itself.

Thanks, 

thecfarm

Franklin_skidder_op,welcome to the forum.Looks like it has good rubber. Going to use it just for your own use?
If you like skidders you will like this thread,
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
Add a few pictures of your Franklin. That would be a good addition.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Vance in AK

Nice looking machine!  Love the old iron, especially skidders.

logman81

Nice Franklin, good to see it saved, good rubber on it too.
Precision Firewood & Logging

lynde37avery

Nice machine! Welcome to the Franklin logger and forestry forum community. there is a few of us on here that run em. I run mine every day. just about to head out n work as a matter of fact. I been cutting some spruce and red pines.
the Franklin is easy to work on and reliable as ever. I still need a manual as well. if I find one for it I will let you know about it.
good luck!
Detroit WHAT?

two-legged-sawmill

Hello Re: 1969 Franklin 140B   Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Thru the years I have  bought equpment manuals from Jensales.inc.  www.jensales.com; ph 507-826-3666
they have helped me every time.  Good luck!  Dan
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

mad murdock

Welcome Franklin Skidder! Nice machine. Should serve you well, I love them 53 series detroits! 8) I like the old iron too, my machine was built in '64(same year I was built!)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

nk14zp

Welcome to the forum.  Great looking machine for a 69.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Thank You Sponsors!