iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Boilin'

Started by Magicman, June 10, 2017, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

In Georgia they call it a Low Country Boil or something like that.  Pat and I were at the Cabin cutting grass and decided to have us a Cabin Boil I guess.

First there was potatoes, onions, and seasoning.

Then she added corn and sausage.

And then the shrimp.  Our platter was full, and so were we!   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Lookin' good, Lynn!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ox

Is that a packet of seasoning?  What's it called and where can one get them?  That looks like a good way to get some good hot food into a bunch of country folk.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

WDH

Some like it hot (old saying). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Yes, Zatarain's Complete Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil seasoning.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

Yes, Low Country Boil.  Now you've made me hungry. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

Actually that was our first time to do it exactly like that and we were pleased.  Peeled raw shrimp was what we had so they went in.  Also that size of seasoning packet was a bit too large for this small boil so we will adjust it downward next time and there will be a "next time".    food6

LeeB

Lynn,
Try the liquid. Easier to adjust for proportion size.

Ox,
Old Bay also makes a season packet but I prefer the Zaterans. A little more pep to it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

petefrom bearswamp

Boy you southern boys know how to make a yankee drool
Your food always sounds scrumptious except of course for one unnamed southern delicacy.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

You know Pete, there is a possibility that you could be wrong about that "unnamed southern delicacy".

Yes Lee, I bought a bottle last night, and also a packet of powdered seasoning, both Zaterains.  I also got some more shrimp.  That was a fine meal for two for about 10 bucks total.

gspren

Magic, if you want to try that with crabs bring a seasoning packet to DE, I got the pot.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup  It will definitely be with us Gary.   8)

LeeB

I've not seen the powder before. Will have to try it. Might be good as a sprinkle on top after boiling instead of Tony's.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

That was the first time that I had seen it.  It was 98 cents at Wal-Mart, so I had to try it....maybe even today.

Magicman

We did it again, but this time using a tablespoon of the liquid Zatarain's.

A bag of 60-80 frozen shrimp, a couple of corn nubbins, sausage, and potatoes.  A quick, easy, and cheap meal for two.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

You are on a roll.

Magicman

I have no idea why we have never done a "two people" boil before.  ::)  ???

petefrom bearswamp

definitely going to check the local markets for the spices.
Looks quick and easy as well as delicious.
No i am not wrong about the delicacy IMO but to each his own.
I have however come to like grits OK.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

So, there is hope  :)

caveman

We had a low country boil for Father's Day that my Daddy prepared and yesterday we did another to feed some of the FFA officers at their annual officer retreat.

The mosquitoes were so bad that we ate inside last night.  This was prepared on a fish cooker with an 80 quart pot.  We had some left over.
Caveman

Ox

All the people with their heads bowed in prayer to their cellphones.  ;)

Looks delicious!  I'd like to try some someday.

Asked the wife to look for some crab or shrimp boil seasoning and there ain't a one at the WallyWorld.  Guess I'll hafta order some.  Yet another reason to get out of NY.  I'ma follow coxy down to KY when he goes...  :laugh:
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

ox they don't sell old bay at your wally world if you want some give me your address ill send you some  :) :)

Thank You Sponsors!