iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustrated

Started by Nitch34, September 25, 2008, 12:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitch34

I'm back a bit more calmed down than when I left off before. Here I am telling folks to take the emotions out of their decisions and I'm not doing it myself. My frustration comes from way back during the other election when political talk was stifled. That made me happy because I disagree with 95% of you seemingly and may not handle that very well. I do feel strongly about this election and took that out in the wrong way, I'm sorry I was offensive and so closed off about discussion. I am not a fan of what the right wing idealogists have done and are doing to this country. I love the people and the place but the government of this great land is... out to lunch. I have two young kids and when I hear McCain singing Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran to the tune of a beach boys song even if he is kidding, I can't help but look ahead to a time when my kids will be drafted and go die in the sand. All for something I don't believe in. Call me unpatriotic but I don't think they should die just so the fat cats get fatter and we get what, talk, empty rhetoric. I know this forum is awesome and supposed to be fun and informative, I have learned so much  from reading through the years. I do get worked up about politics even if it is just some folks opinions. I'm not saying Obama has all the answers either but with him I feel my kids will have a better environment to live in. I think that is important and that may be why I got so worked up.

flip

I can assure you, getting worked up about poly-tics is a bad thing here.  Take it all with a grain of salt, no need to get the pulse going too much.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Gary_C

Yep, no sympathy here either. When you start spouting that political retoric regardless of which side you favor,you can expect to either get ignored or sent to the woodshed.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

metalspinner

I know how easy it is to get worked up about things.  Especially if you think your voice or ideas are not being addessed or heard.  Some threads are just not opened by me because they get me worked up.  Other times, I can't wait to open it up to see what has happened since I left. :D  Thank you for sticking around.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Bibbyman

I feel your pain.   I had two sons in the military.  Oldest in the Navy – mostly fought drug traffic in the Caribbean.   The other a Marine Corps that was in the first Gulf War and later part of several Marine sniper teams that covered the withdrawal of our forces from Mogadishu, Somalia.

What I don't want to live long enough to see is one of my granddaughters stoned to death in the public square for not wearing their burka in public. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Raider Bill

Blame the country's problems on ALL lawmakers not just GW. The 2 party system, pork, lies, deciet, greed, pick one it's on both sides of the fence.

I believe we need to open up to more than 2 choices, impose term limits, and put the criminal's in jail that are supposed to watch out for us and do the right thing.

Here on the FF we are normal working men and women that have to put up with the same issues as you do.

I certianly do not want my son or grand sons or grand daughter to have to go to war nor does anyone but....... others in this world do not think the same way so we have to protect our way of life.

Of course instead of reading the political threads co to the food forum. ;D

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SPIKER

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 25, 2008, 02:33:52 PM

Of course instead of reading the political threads co to the food forum. ;D

boy it only took 5 posts to revert to FOOD:  that tells ya something that we all have in common  :D

I'm all for discussing stuff though  & I don't take offense to anyones thoughts or feelings, but remembering that feelings can't be well stated in type form;)
I too am a Gulf War vet. with a disability due to it.   So I see that there are a lot of things that go on , but too many people are blaming GW for all of the country's problems we are in but with our form of government he is last in line to get anything...   It is Congress & Senate that has to make up all the rules the pres is little more than last line when it comes to getting stuff done or stopped...

Mark

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

Your previous Username was Karl_N.

I'll update the email address for Karl_N. to the one you are using for Nitch34 and have the forum send a link to you in that email so you can reset your password. I will disable the Nitch34 login.

Note that youhave a period at the end of your Karl_N. name as well as a couple of capital letters and the underscore. They all must be entered correctly to login. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Karl_N.

Hey this is Nitch34, got my original username back. Thanks Jeff.
Not to kick a dead horse and I appreciate the comebacks even the less civil ones. What I meant to say was I think the McCain campain has taken a lesson from our President's administration in playing to our emotions- namely fear. "We've got to fight them over there or else they'll come here, you better not say you are against the war or someone will say you are against the troops. Accept an act that limits your constitutional rights and like it or you are not patriotic. And now McCain with Palin plays to our emotions coming out with the whole sexist thing with lipstick on a pig, drill here, there and everywhere now or else, saying Obama supported a bill that taught sex ed to kindegartners, Obama is going to take our guns away and raise taxes and on and on. So if there is any resaying what I said it is to try to look beyond all that and find the substance and the truth if there is any in politics. Maybe I will click on the political discussions, everyone needs a devil's advocate and I can be civil especially when I'm heard, and goodness was I heard.

Bibbyman

We've got One-With-Wood but sometimes he's AWL.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Mooseherder

We in the grocery biz have COOL (Country of Origin Laws) kickin' in on September 30th for Meat and Produce.  I'm so glad da goberment is lookin' out for us cause I was a little frustrated meeself dis week :D  I guess y'all didn't hear about it in the news cause of some other stuff goin' on.
Then I gotta see a clip of Reid lying to us some more.  The frustrating thing talking about politics is the frustration. ;D

beenthere

Karl_N.
Just your opinions are fine with me (when they support who you support). No need to try to tell me why the people I support are not your favorite, whether you are playing devils advocate or not.

I'm conservative, and support the McCain-Palin choice between the two choices. Any independent candidates just muddy the water for one or the other candidates (like if Hillary would run on her own, wouldn't fare too well for Obama). A real conservative, would draw away from the liberal conservative that McCain is - IMO.

When McCain wins in November, Palin will get a lot of the credit (as that is where it is due :)). But the blacks will holler loud and clear that it was a racist election (and I don't think it is).

I feel that a good military defense (and offense where needed) is in the best interest of my grand children and there future. As Bibbyman said very well, I also don't like the way women are treated in the countries where we have liberated them (and Iraq is definitely one of them). There are many positives from our going to Iraq...they just don't get the media's leftist blessings.
As for military deaths as a result, I don't like to see a single one....but in the years we have been in Iraq, there have been many more deaths on the highways of just the state of Wisconsin. Our grand children are much safer in Iraq in the military if they so choose, than on the highways, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

This here is not a partison decision. It's a forum decision. I stated last week no more new political threads would be allowed to be started 'at this jucture'. ) This one is now locked. please keep political posts and comments limited to those threads currently keeping me busy patroling. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!