iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Invasion

Started by Ianab, February 24, 2012, 06:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Well today was Lara's last day at Kindergarten. So we dropped her off there and later went up town to finalise school enrolment detail, get stationary etc.

Found out we had been invaded... But about 700 American cars  :D
National get together for American car enthusiasts had called in for brunch.

Basically 2 blocks of cars like that. Stratford isn't a big place, so 2 blocks is the whole town.  :D

Old cars

New cars

Small cars.

Police cars...

Pretty much anything American.

AND .. Lara's last day at Kindy.. School Monday.

Some of you might remember Lara as a newborn.. That's 5 years ago now...  :o

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

bandmiller2

No wonder we can't find anymore of the classics there all over there.Ian,what are the most common vehicles you folks drive,and trucks too,might as well ask about farm tractors also. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Nice pictures of the cars,but that last one is the best of all of them. You are one proud Dad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

I certainly do remember her being born, my how time flies.  :)

Not much of a car fan anymore, seems heavy equipment has become my passion for collecting.  :D

gunman63

Ive sold alot of old cars(20's and 30's) to buyers in austraila, but still kewl seeing  stuff like this, and a old school Minnesota trooper car  , neat

beenthere

Neat to see the old cars kept up like that.
Almost saw my '57 Chevy 4 dr hardtop, but alas it was a straight 4dr.  :)
Those were the days my friend, ........

Thanks for the pic of Lara. They grow up so fast.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ianab

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 24, 2012, 07:22:22 AM
No wonder we can't find anymore of the classics there all over there.Ian,what are the most common vehicles you folks drive,and trucks too,might as well ask about farm tractors also. Frank C.

Cars would be mostly Japanese. Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc, and Australian Fords and Holdens (GM Australia). Some European, mostly the luxury brands. You see occasional American cars, but most of those are private imports. Seeing hundreds of them get your attention.

Trucks, pretty much everything. Japanese, European, and American. Lots of hills and winding roads so spec them with quite a bit of horsepower to let them keep the average speed up.

Tractors, again pretty much everything. American, European and Japanese.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Den Socling

I wish everyone could see the Art Deco motif of Napier. It's like being in an American city from 80 years ago.

Thank You Sponsors!