iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fender made in China

Started by Qweaver, December 25, 2013, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I am so tired of seeing the "made in china" words on everything I buy.
I got a Fender guitar for Rev. Sarah this Christmas.  To my horror the words "made in china" were the first thing that we saw as we opened the package.  The tag inside the guitar said "manufactured to Fender specifications"  Those words don't make it a legitimate Fender in my view.
How can they legally call this a Fender?  This was not a cheap guitar so I had no reason to think it was a rip off.  She really likes the guitar but I am still tempted to send it back.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

clww

That IS a shock to me, too! :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Al_Smith

I could elaborate on this subject until the cows come home but I don't want it to go to the wood shed .I just wish it were law that the country of origin be more openly displayed on items .I've been surprised myself a time or three from items I thought were produced in the northern portion of North America but proved to be other wise .

lineguy82

I bought one of those about five years ago. If I remember right they cost about three times more to get one made in the USA. I'm not sure if any fender guitars are produced here anymore. It's a real shame. You can't find much that isn't "Made in China" anymore.
95 chevy 4x4
Husky 562xp
Hardy H5
22T Countyline Splitter
...and hopefully a sawmill when the wife finishes college

easymoney

it is hard to get anything any more that is not made in china. seems that it used to be made in japan.
i read about someone that needed a headlight for his Cadillac. he went to the dealer wanting a genuine Cadillac part. when he opened the box it was marked made in china.

samandothers

My neighbor is a mechanic for an American car dealership.  She is all time complaining about Chinese parts.  Some things are good but some are not. They don't line up well sometimes etc.   A mechanic friend of his describes them as the 'Chinese powdered Golfball'.

dgdrls

Search this topic a bit on Google,
Lots of rumbling about Chinese manufacture, fakes, etc
Searched a bit on Martin Guitars, same questions/issues along with Employee discontent.

DGDrls

Bill Gaiche

To bad that you can't always see where the product is made before purchasing. Have some garlic seasoning that I have just noticed that was packaged here, but was made in china. Out to the trash with that because I have seen to many ugly situations of products that we eat and how its processed. Its scary. Was in Nashville for Christmas and was in Christmas store at Opryland hotel, all the tree ornaments were made in china disgusting. Just purchased a new taillight for my truck,oem it said, just got it and it was made in taiwan. Its all about profit anymore without safety and pride of being made in the USA. bg

Ianab

Problem is not so much simply a "Made in China" issue.

It's "Made by the lowest bidder, in China" when things get suspect...

Yes there is a lot of junk coming out of Chinese factories, because a lot of people still buy mostly on cost.

There is now plenty of high end gear being made in China, Stilh, Apple, Samsung etc. But these aren't cheap junk. Top end cell phones, tablets etc. If you want the Chinese to make you cheap junk, they will certainly oblige. Or pay the full price, and get the better gear.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on December 26, 2013, 10:34:48 AM
Was in Nashville for Christmas and was in Christmas store at Opryland hotel, all the tree ornaments were made in china disgusting. J

I was in Walmart last year looking at where the ornaments were made and lights. All I seen was made in USA on the boxes. So it's still here, just avoid the discount stores. Walmart in Canada is not the lowest price. Canadian Tire is one place I stopped going to unless it's finish or glue made here in Canada/USA. Sand paper is just junk as with all their tools.

Mom bought a new blender. Took it apart and washed it. Tried it with water in it, water run out of it like a tap. Had one years ago to, did the same thing. All Chinese junk.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Now Swampish how can you buy USA made stuff up yonder in the frozen north country when we can't even find it here ?

SwampDonkey

Dunster's Molasses donuts are made here in Sussex, NB. But we can't buy them here, we can buy them in Maine. Another puzzler for the big noodle. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Obviously they want you to pay sales taxes in Maine .That wasn't so hard. Next question . ;D

Dave Shepard

According to one Danish wood turner, the best peppermill parts are made in Denmark. He has to have them imported from the US. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Al_Smith

Well look at Jack Daniels a highly over rated whiskey in my opinion .Made in Lynchburg Tenn .They make it there but you can't drink it there ,dry county . Tea totalers or so they pontificate .

DDDfarmer

It can say made in the usa, china, Taiwan or mexico.  Seems like 90% of what you buy now is junk. 
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

thecfarm

Al,in my younger days,about JD, I use to say,good,more left for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Being such a Duddly DoRight kind of guy I never touch the stuff myself .

lynde37avery

I thought fender only made USA and Mexico? and Squier was the China brand. am I not correct? I only play Fender Mexican bass. I cannot afford a USA. $1250 for a bass or $1250 for a skidder chain or a real top notch saw..hmmm ;)
Detroit WHAT?

scgargoyle

According to Sam Ash music, a Squier is made in China, a standard Fender is made in Mexico, and an American Fender is made in California. Ya want a nice one? Get one from their custom shop. Bring money, though!

As far as buying American made stuff- that ship has pretty much sailed. The factories and the know-how are just about gone.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thecfarm

You want an American made one? They is a guy about 10 miles from me that makes 'em. But as someone said,better bring your wallet. He has been building them for years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Jeremy's girlfriend brought one in Christmas day she got for Christmas.  I thought COOL! A fender. Played it a couple seconds and it just didn't seem like any fender I had played before.   Started giving it a better look over and found the made in china in big letters on the neck. They aint trying to hide it, it is there to see. My first thought was, danG, she got a knockoff. Then I saw this topic, then I started doing some googling.

I found her guitar.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FR50CESB/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is strange Jeff. I looked at the link showing the guitar made in China you posted.
Now when I read Facebook or search the net for other things, an ad comes up on the right with a pic of the same guitar and telling me I can finance this instrument.  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Not surprised at that at all. Websites have been conspiring with 3rd party companies to track you across sites to target you with ads for years.  One may think you can search google and get the same results as someone else searching with the same terms. Nope.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Poston if you install ADBlocker Plus it has a Facebook ad eliminator. There is also an element hiding tool as an add on. I use both and the add on is handy for a dial-up user like me to remove all the extra bloated 'fluff' on a site so it doesn't all have to load.

Thank You Sponsors!