iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turkeys 2015

Started by Magicman, March 14, 2015, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Quote from: JGL on October 29, 2015, 07:18:35 PM
Here in this part of Canada, New Brunswick turkeys were never seen. In the past several years they have crossed from Maine and to the south western part of NB. Last week while hunting for partridge, I saw 3 wild turkeys in the Coles Island area, which is between Sussex and Moncton. There is no reason why they can't live here, the climate is no worse than in Maine. Maybe in the future, we will also have a turkey season.

I sure hope so.  There are occasional reports of turkeys being seen here in central NB but only a short ways to the west of me near Woodstock and Hartland the turkey population has increased significantly over the last few years.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

I can't really remember when I first saw turkeys on my land,10 years ago? I saw them for years about 1 hour from me. Than they started to move North. I saw some about 15 minutes from me one year. Than I saw a few on mine land. Now very common to see them. I have seen 40 at one time. The stepson and grandson has real good luck calling them in. There is always a story about how a tom will come in looking for a lady. As I say,lust will get you every time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

Hopefully they will have a good winter and improve the spring hunt.

~Ron

sandhills

That second picture literally looks like my dad's front yard every morning, the main reason I could never see much sport in hunting them  :D.  I know, I've had many people tell how wary the "real" wild turkeys can be but someday I'm going to get a permit and sit off a ways and just for fun see if I can call one in.  I don't want one of the old ones with long beards I want a nice younger tender one  ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!