iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

613 to 618 conversion

Started by Dan_F, December 15, 2008, 12:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_F

I have the old engine off and have the vanguard ready to put in but I dont know how the flex plate gets installed? Does it bolt onto the 613 flex plate or do I revove that one first? Does anyone have an exploded view of the 618 or pictures I can take a look at so I have an idea about how to install the engine.

Thank you.
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

Meadows Miller

Gday Dan
I thought id chime in as one bloke i worked for did a convert from 15 to to a 24 hp motor but i think he made his own mounting plate I was just up at the Lucas factory today to pick up some parts and extras for the 97 mod 8-20 i brought yesterday all i can say Is just drop them an email
or if you want to pm me  with your email as i have got the workshop manuals here that cover the 6-13 through to the 8-25 that i might be able to scan and send to you if it hs the relavant info  ;) I was also  given the personal no of one of the workshop managers and told if i needed any help over the christmass break to just call him and he would sort it out so i could give him a call if need be  ;)
You would have thought Id just brought a new mill with the service and help  Ive gotten from them over the last couple of weeks  ;) ;D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Dan_F

I will e-mail lucas then. I may have to add wedges to the engine plate as the 18 hp motor adds a lot of weight to it.
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

brdmkr

Dan,

I have some pics of my 618 carriage in my image archive.  Some of them may help.  I think that the 613 uses a different gear box and 2 belts whereas the 618 uses 3 belts, but I am not sure if that would really matter in an engine swap.

Keep us posted.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Meadows Miller

Gday

Hows Things Brdmkr  ;D Id just use the clutch and pulleys of the 13 horse and run two belts then you would'nt have to worry about chainging much around the 8-20 of mine just runs the two  ;)

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Dan_F

brdmkr, Your pictures are very helpful. From looking at them I can tell that I will have to modify the left side of the carriage box (green) to make it flat. The 613 is a v shape. Also does the right side of the engine bolt straight onto the engine plate? and does the the tensioner bolt to a rectangular plate on the left side of the engine or a triangular plate? The 613 is triangular. The only thing im trying to figure out is baileys sent me a "flexplate" and im not sure if it goes between the engine and engine plate on the right side or between the tensioner and engine on the left side? as the bolt pattern matches both sides.

Thanks for the help.
-daniel

brdmkr

Dan,

I have been out for Christmas, but am back home now.  I will try to get some pics of the engine attachment and post them tomorrow.  I am pretty sure that the right side bolts directly to the plate and I can't remember about the left :o  I suppose I just don't pay enough attention!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Dan_F

That would be great if you could post a picture of the left side plate... Thats the only step I have left to do.

Thanks,
Dan

Thank You Sponsors!