iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bears

Started by pep, April 11, 2015, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Looks like I had a visitor around my deer feeder a couple days ago. Had a sow and 3 cubs come out while I was there last year. This one looks much bigger than they did.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Early Bear Season opened and no one saw a bear in the local area.

It's against hunting laws to shoot a sow that has a cub with her, but then, when you're hunting and a bear comes out all by itself how are you to know if it has a cub?   :-\

I guess when one sees a bear that they want to shoot, they would have to wait a few minutes to see if a cub shows up!   ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

the DEC will look and see if any thing was nursing on her  I saw this first hand when they gave out a 2k fine to my neighbor  :o :o and its not just cubs cant shoot any bear in a group

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ppine

Fall is the time of year when bears show up all over the Valley, including the alfalfa fields. People on the other side do not go outside at night without a headlamp and making a lot of noise.  Some bears at Lake Tahoe have figured out how to break into people's houses when they are at work. They also have learned to open up cars.
Forester

SwampDonkey

I know someone through facebook who is always videoing and photographing those bears around Tahoe area. She's pretty smart, but I told her to be careful to. Black bears are what she photographs, they are on a lot of the foot paths people use. I to have been among the black bears so to speak, but I don't trust them to be friendly.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

I don't even trust the one hanging on my wall :)

SwampDonkey

I bet not many know the real story of Winnie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-83-BF0NWk

The bear that spawned the famous children books written by Allen A Milne.

This is the 90th anniversary of the first release of Winnie-the-Pooh.

coxy

why would I have Winnie the pooh on my wall  ??? ??? ??? ??? :) :) when I got boo boo there

SwampDonkey

Yes boo boo is just fine where he is.  :D

ppine

I wouldn't mind hanging out with Swamp Donkey some time.
Forester

Ron Scott

Bear is loosing its coat in the rear during the hot 2017 summer. I wonder why? 

~Ron

coxy

looks like its got the mange  we have 2 yotes running around here that have it and never see them when you have a gun  a year or so ago they was having trouble in PA with the bears getting it I think the pic was in NY outdoors magazine 

sandhills

grouch

I also agree with coxy; looks like mange to me. Any way to help?
Find something to do that interests you.

Texas Ranger

Male pattern balding, bear style! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

Looks like a second bear going the other way at about the same time?

~Ron

Ron Scott

Nighttime Bear, 7/17

~Ron

coxy

you must have good eating up there  to get them big bears we have some big ones but most run about 175-250lbs

Grizzly

2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

DelawhereJoe

The bear with the bald butt reminds me of the movie The Great Outdoors, in the end of the movie where ther shot the grizzly in the butt with the lamp shotgun and it blows all the hair off its rump leaving two bear butt cheeks.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

grouch

Careful, DelawhereJoe. There's a Grizzly reading this thread.
Find something to do that interests you.

Peter Drouin

I like a story like that. Shows Bears are not  man eating monsters everyone says there are.
Well, most of them. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In the next to last pix he was sleeping,  :D :D I woke him and ask him to smile for the camera. Pixs are a min apart. Had one try to get in with the Honeybees last night. Did not get in.  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ron Scott

~Ron

sandhills

I don't even like waking a sleeping dog let alone a bear  ;).  Those are great pictures!

Thank You Sponsors!