iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Board Foot Calculator

Started by swampbuggy, November 06, 2012, 02:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampbuggy

Tried to use the board foot calc. that is in the toolbox. It did the calc correctly but when I clicked the print button a blank window opened up and nothing printed. Any suggestions? dan
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

fishpharmer

Swampbuggy, I've never tried to print the results.  I'll give it a try today, maybe someone else will have a suggestion.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

I never have used it,no need for me. I don't sell lumber. But it printed for me. Have you used it before and it worked OK than?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

I use my maternal grandfathers "Chapins lumber rekoner " circa 1888 .He was a small sawmill operator .

I then cross reference the calculations using this scaler or the one from woodweb .They are close enough to each other for me it makes no difference .Just a rough estimate for conversation more than anything .

swampbuggy

maybe my computer setting won't allow the print to open up and I have never had this work.
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Jeff

I'm only guessing, but it may be you need to allow popups for forestryforum.com.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30