iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Teak clearcut

Started by teakwood, May 09, 2016, 06:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

If you bring savings then its ok. private taxes and rents are cheap. but if you earn your money here its hard.

In earning-buying relation Costa Rica is around 140s position worldwide, so imagine. expensivest country in central america and second in whole Latin america.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Hiway40frank

Wow im shocked that its not cheap, you see I have a small place in pourto rico where a 2l cola is 69cents and a pack of smokes is 2$. My mistake thinking it was not that much more expensive further south, but whats interesting is in PR its oppisite cheap cost of living but forget about buying land. 1-2  acres of "farm" land could be well over 150k. Almost all the land is inherited or abandoned, its also one of the poorest places in the world. I was lucky and my grandpa left me the place when he died. Why is it soo expensive there? And I would love to see your teak plantaion whenever I get down there, im very interested in wood plantations.

teakwood

Quote from: Corley5 on May 17, 2016, 08:46:59 AM
I harbor visions of living in CR  ;) :)

I ll help you out if that vision comes thru some day

teakwood

yesterday i just took a big hit backwards with the quarry permits. Results that my plan of the finca from 1982 isn't exactly the same area as in existence today. So i need to hire a topographer to make a new plan (just 2500$) and a minimum of 6 month delay until everything is proper inscribe in the national register!!! :( :( Costa Rica: the most complicated country to make business. We foreigners always choke: Common sense isn't a birthright in cr, some gain it some not

enigmaT120

We thought we had it bad here in the U.S.  Maybe we do, I don't know as I've never tried to start a quarry.  I sure have lots of tough basalt though, sigh.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!