iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Braden winch adjustment?

Started by logman81, June 14, 2018, 09:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

I may be in luck I talked to a guy that knows someone parting out a c4b and it still has the winch on it that he believes is the same winch as mine.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

logman81

Found a winch in ny so now it's time to get the old girl home and fix her up!

logman81

Well the winch sold to another guy before I could grab it. Does anyone have a parts source for these winches or have a complete one in good shape. These are the same as the early timberjack skidders.

logman81

Or how about a complete working gearmatic 9 winch?

UN Hooker

Logman     Check yer inbox ,   I sent you a PM

UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

pwrstrk

I have a very similar cluth on my osh kosh snow blower . Had to put a new clutch n it last fall due to engagement ring blew apart
It was a center force clutch n was almost $5k
But *DanG it wrks so well n i antiseized all adjustment component pin and ring to aid n future adjustments

logman81

I have a good lead on another Braden off a dismantled c4b so I may be purchasing that winch to replace mine.

logman81

So for those that are following this thread I did purchase another Braden winch in good shape from a member on here. I finally got the skidder home to start the project. I decided to go ahead and fix all the issues it has while it's in the shop. 
So I took the old winch off and putting it aside for spare parts. I also took the original fuel tank out and brought it to a local welder to re skin the top of the tank because it rusted a large hole in it. My plan is to restore it all back to original while fixing the issues. Also going to be replacing the center pins and bushings and putting new brass pins in the last planetary that hasn't been rebuilt yet. I will be loading pics as I go along. img]http://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/23822/20181102_143345.jpg?easyrotate_cache=1541601076[/img]

br>

logman81

bushmechanic

logman81

Thanks its getting new center section next weekend.

Thank You Sponsors!