iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Catchy sayings

Started by palmerstreeservice, February 04, 2005, 02:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

palmerstreeservice

We are woking on some letering for no other reason than for fun, and I have been trying to think of something creative for the side of the boom truck.

A neighboring tree company has:

"We get high Legally"

Beings I am a full time cop besides running our company I thought that would be good but it is already taken.

Hoping to get some good Ideas

GareyD

You might remember when one of the big hamburger chains used a feisty older woman running around asking "Wheres the BEEF"...one of the most profitable classic slogans ever used!

Weeell...after seeing yer personal picture to the left of yer post and reading the stuff under said picture.... ::) ::) ::)

I'm pretty sure if ya took a portion of that picture and the part of the message that sez "wheres the pants" ya would certainly get a lot of information seeking calls..

:D :D :) :D :D :) :D :D :) :D :D

:-[ Sorry...The debil made me do it :-[
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Roxie

Given your circumstances, I like:

"The Mrs. lowers the BOOM"
Say when

sprucebunny

Roxie made me think of it >> "Booms away !"
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Curlywoods

"Boom to boards" :'(
"Boom me up Scotty"  ::)
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Roxie

Oh!  I LOVE "Booms Away"!!!! 
Good one Sprucebunny!!!   ;D
Say when

Cedarman

I have mixed emotions about catchy sayings on vehicles, headings, business cards etc.  For me there is a fine line between presenting a very professional manner and a flippant manner.  If I were to hire a company to take a tree down that was leaning over my house, I would want the crew that was the most professional and would leave nothing to chance. 

So a catchy saying that presents your business in a very professional way will require lots of thought and this forum has a great bunch of people that are very creative.  You never know what you are going to read on some of the posts.

I am not creative so I'm no help coming up with a saying.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Curlywoods

Quote from: Cedarman on February 04, 2005, 09:44:56 AM
I am not creative so I'm no help coming up with a saying.

Me and you both Cedarman  :D :D :D :D :D  I am luck if people can understand me during a simple conversation, let alone trying to be cool or catchy.  I would imagine that my advertising efforts would fall very short of anything catchy  ;D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Bro. Noble

I agree with Cederman-----how about "We take 'cuttin up' serious" :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Percy

:D :D We're the BRANCH MANAGERS  :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Murf

A local electrician up here has "If you can't find your shorts call ...." on his trucks....  :D

He also has a boom truck, on the back of it is lettered "If you need help getting it up call ......  :o

A local tree service has "We're real cut-ups!" and " What grows up, we take down." on their trucks.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Fraxinus

When my brother was serious into the firewood business, his slogan was "Our Firewood is Tops". :D :D :D
You'd be amazed at how many people didn't "get it". :o :o ::)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Gilman

We'll rise to the challenge

Been up there, Done that

Bring your hazards down, one piece at a time

We'll reach to the moon if we have to

One trip up, One trip down, safe and sound

One trip up, one trip down, we'll bring it safely to the ground

Uninsured, unbonded, unlicensed, expensive
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Dangerous_Dan

A local septic tank pump truck has on the back- "We're #1 in a #2 Business".
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

leweee

Seen on the bucket of a boom truck in our area "There's no chicken in this bucket"
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

sprucebunny

:D :D :D
I like that Leweee
Is the bucket painted red and white checks or anything ??? ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Always barking up the right tree

Jeff

always ready to branch out

sandmar

Gotta go with Percy on this one,I like BRANCH MANAGERS   8)

Sandmar-----who is not witty either

sigidi

What about - 'for best use, operate this way up' a local electrical companies cherry picker...
Always willing to help - Allan

DanG

I really like "Branch Manager".  It is catchy and clever without being unprofessional.  For a variation, you might put "Branch Office" on the bucket, and assign all the crew as "Branch Managers". :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Percy

Quote from: Jeff B on February 04, 2005, 06:04:31 PM
"Leaf it to us"

:D :D :D :D :D Whooooboy :D :D :D :D

THe BRANCH MANAGER idea comes from an old Polish joke. "Whaddya call a Polish guy sitting on a limb of a tree??" ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

FeltzE

The catchy saying dosn't have to be the big print, have your official logo in big print then in smaller have a humerous comment.

Got Wood?

You call We Haul
(Residentia Timber Recovery)

I wasn't clear on wether its a boom truck for lifting and hauling or a bucket truck man lift.

I like Branch office.... for the latter

Eric

Dan_Shade

there was a septic pumping guy where I grew up, he had "A flush beats a full house" on his truck

:)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!