iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

High School Reunions

Started by Magicman, May 22, 2010, 09:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Today is my 49th.  Somehow that seems to make me feel old.  Just the number I guess.  Anyway, we'll go and eat Fried Chicken and visit.  There probably will be a bunch of "Old Folks" there..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Papa1stuff

Someway the old classmates don't look the way you expect! :D :D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Roxie

We're planning now for my 40th in October.  It seems impossible when you say 40!  The nicest thing about this age is that young men smile at you, and hold doors open and they don't see you as a threat at all.  Clerks even offer to carry horse feed to your car.  I guess I'm now in the category where I remind them of their mother (or gasp) their granma.   :D  

I know when I look in the mirror that I'm VERY shocked to see my granma there!   :o
Say when

chain

Yeah, those reunions after '40' and .."holdin'on" are interesting. Old girl friends tryin' to look pretty, old buddies showing off their second or third wife or latest 'ladyfriend'. My 'ol girlfriend showed off her second hubby last reunion; they came up to us smooching and carrying on, my wife said "was that the best she could do?"

Of course, the saddest part is, accounting for the absentees, and deceased, or ill. I remember seeing my old HS quarterback the last reunion, he had only 6mos. to live from cancer, he died. My wife had a classmate who was an MIA in 'Nam for nearly thiry years, we gave a tremendous memorial for him as they fnally found his remains, everyone living and able in his class showed up..I was so proud of them...the kid use to be our team's 'ball-boy' and coach's son.

Magicman

Well I did it.  Bunch of old folks, but we had a good time    smiley_gossip   and ate too much Fried Chicken.  digin1

I carried a couple of Mantel Clocks that I had made out of Pecan and won Grand Prize in the "Hobby/Craft display.   :)

A sort of "matched set" Pecan Mantel clocks
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

I bet you looked younger than most of them...... :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

fat olde elf

Nice clocks .... I'm headed for my 55th reunion the Saurday before the Pig Roast....
All the girls look great and all the guys look very old....Except me......We have more widows than widowers.....Love the reunions...............
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Gary_C

I just came home after my 50th. It ran over three evenings of get togethers though I was not able to stay for the last night. But it was a great time. I only went to my 25th previously and this one was the best because there were few there trying to impress anyone and most of the spouses stayed home rather than be bored thru the whole thing. And at our age nobody is worried about those old girlfriends.   ::)

One of my old friends and classmate, there were about 175 in my class, had an amazing memory. He could remember the names of every teacher in the elementary school I attended. I could remember only the little old principal whose name was Mrs. Cooper and was the one that kept a rubber hose in her office for those unruly students. At least she did till one of the bigger boys took it away from her and got rid of it. The guy never got in trouble for taking away her rubber hose because Mrs Cooper could not report him to anyone for taking away the tool she was using to beat the kid.  :D

How things have changed.

It seems like a nice size for a class. I saw my two younger sisters and their classes were over 300 and the few reunions they have gone to they knew very few people. And there was sure a wide variety of interesting people there from a gal that is still working in astrophysics and working on the space telescope project to a guy that is a singer/piano player and has a band in Holywood. And then another good friend that is running his own big architectural firm in the Boston area and has had to lay off 19 of his 38 good people because there is just no work out there right now.

A very interesting and good time catching up on old friends.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

chain

Beautiful craftmanship on those clocks magi. And pecan? very attractive.

Magicman

Quote from: Gary_C on May 23, 2010, 02:44:03 AM
there were about 175 in my class 

That's twice as many as were in my entire school.  There were 7 in my class.  5 in the grade ahead.

I later worked with a guy that was the only one in his 1st grade class.    :D

Chuck White

So far, I haven't made any of my 10-year class reunions.

It was always that I was stationed to far away, someone in the hospital or something similar.

I graduated in '67, so it'll be a while before we have another.

Several of my classmates aren't with us anymore.  :(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

I've never been to one of mine.  We moved to Tallahassee after I completed my slopmore year, and I went to a large school for the duration.  There were 765 in my graduating class, and I hardly knew any of them, at least not enough of them to make the effort worthwhile.  I have, however, reestablished contact with a bunch of my childhood friends that I would have graduated with, so I'm looking forward to crashing their party for the 50th in 2014. ;D  I've seen pics of a lot of them on Facebook.  If there is gonna be a dance, there will be a whole lot of blubber floppin' around!! :o :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Faron

I am going to my 35th this summer.  Our county consolidated three schools my senior year.  We started a month late, and I missed all of January due to illness, so I didn't really get to know a lot of my 186 classmates.  We had a 30th reunion in 2005 of the group who went to Otwell  and had a real good time. 
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

pigman

Quote from: DanG on May 23, 2010, 09:48:00 PM
There were 765 in my graduating class,
My class was almost the same size if you remove the 7.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

Quote from: pigman on May 24, 2010, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: DanG on May 23, 2010, 09:48:00 PM
There were 765 in my graduating class,
My class was almost the same size if you remove the 7.

And mine was that same size if you use only the 7.     :D

ARKANSAWYER

Well I have to say the "Class of 79" was one they were ready to get rid of.  About half of them still live around here and I see them often.   We were going to have a 30th last year but never got around to it.  Some of us are getting together next month to welcome a classmate back.  He joined the Army and did 20 years then just dropped off the face of the earth.  A few months ago he showed back up on the grid.
  There was only 35 in our class but what we lacked in numbers we made up in spunk.  There was seven of us who ruled the school from the eighth grade on.  One is dead, one is in jail, three are fat and bald now, one is back on the grid after 10 years and one is running for County Judge.  You just can not never tell about people.
ARKANSAWYER

low_48

I'm going to my 40th in a couple weeks. We had 40 in the class, and that was the second highest number of students in the 86 years the school has been open. The high school is also the combination of two towns. Hartsburg and Emden, IL. The community is so proud of that school, they keep it open despite all the consolidations around them. My niece is a teacher there now, proud of her. I've been out of touch with most of my old friends, it will be fun catching up.

Thank You Sponsors!