iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

moisture meter

Started by waj256, October 18, 2010, 11:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waj256

I have a sawmill and a kiln and I am looking for the best moisture meter to use when checking the lumber.

scsmith42

Delmhorst meters are pretty much the standard for pin-type meters.  I also have a Merlin pinless meter that I like a lot.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

jdtuttle

I just bought the Lignomat Meter with probes to run in the kiln. Still on the first load but seems to work well.
jim
Have a great day

ahlkey

If you want to go with a pinless meter I have a Wagner MMC 220 and I found it as a good around moisture meter.

terrifictimbersllc

I have the Lignomat pin and pinless kit with the auxiliary hammer probe which has different length pins.  Having both is great, you can check them against each other or first measure with the pin one then check the reading with the pinless one, then go off scanning wherever with the pinless one so as not to make a lot of holes everywhere. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

waj256

poolman

I have a pinless wagner from 1994 and it works great today.It was 300 dollars and state of the art in 94.I am glad i dont need to buy another one.It is nice to not buy the same thing twice.    brian

Thank You Sponsors!