iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Always wanted a sawmill of your own? Well here's your chance!

Started by HSV, April 24, 2007, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

Oh!! Sorry Dale, Read your entry and you didnt answer the second question... Man, that sucks.    :D  :D  :D

You'll have to make it up after you get to run it for a while.  ;D

Congradulations on the win!
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Jesse Frank

There are absolutely no absolutes in life, and that's a fact.

KGNC

Way to go Dale. I saw a skilmill at the show today. I'm sure you will be pleased.

DoubleD

Congratulation Dale for your new sawmill  8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

jbeat

Congratulations Dale,
I've watched the mill in operation and must say it's like surgically dissecting a log. It will do most everything a big mill will do and more. You'll be impressed. Equally impressive is the generosity of Kerris, Chris and Layla of Peterson and Jeff and crew of "THE" Forum. You'll have the mill figured out in no time and be sawing like a pro. Good for you,  keep teaching the kids (Hocking?)     John Beathard
John B

Dale Hatfield

Jbeat
Yes its Hocking College. Here in a few weeks will finish my 14 year with them. Yes I been looking at the cutting tips page. as to figger how the log is sawn. Its looks like ill be able to process a ton of great quarter sawn lumber pretty easy.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Fla._Deadheader

8) Congrats Dale. Should compliment yer woodworking skills, immensely.
8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SPIKER

Dale:

congrats on the winning of the mill!   Glad someone CLOSE ;) won it ;) :D   Now once ya figure it out how about rentals? :D  maybe one day I can make it over & see it in operation???   Not sure whereabouts ya are but Ohio is pretty big (when gas is $3.30/gallon now)

Have to start posting some pictures ASAP

MarkM
Mansfield/Jeromesville Oh.
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stephen1

Congratulations Dale. enjoy your new tool and do not forget the pictures.
Steve
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Tom

Congratulations on your new mill, Dale. Now that we have a member with a skill mill, we're holding you to a lot of pictures and explanations on the creation of "creations".  :D

Captain

It just gets better, Dale.  Your SkillMill left here yesterday with UPS Freight on its way to Hocking College.   PM me with an email and we can set you up with tracking information.

Captain

Dale Hatfield

Well I Have been tracking the mill as it travels. It's in Columbus Ohio resting, to make the last leg of it's trip.It will be here Tomorrow.  Ill let yall know when it's off loaded.

Thanks
Dale
Chainsaw Carver

Dale Hatfield

I checked tracking to see what time to expect the mill . It might not be so rested when it gets here. Seams it was a short night. It left columbus at 3 am off to Parkersburg Wva. You ever wonder why shipping cost so much. well sometimes things dont follow a straitght line. It passed by here at 4am only to be  unloaded and sent back. So in order for it to get here it has been  loaded and unloaded 7 times. Some thing just make you wonder? The shipping comapny called  this morning on my way to the office. Told me that they were closed on Monday that it would be here on Tues. I asked since you allready have it why wont it be here today. They didnt know that it was their yet.LOL. so its supposed to be here this afternoon.

Dale
Update
Mill was loaded into my truck at 2pm. into the garage at 6pm. It will be a few days till i get to play. Have carving work all weekend. The mill  was packed very well and didnt have a scratch on it. The rails were packed in peterson sawn lumber. As i belive the shipping pallet was as well. Now to sort it all out and get it put together.
Thank You
Dale Hatfield
Chainsaw Carver

SPIKER

Dale sound like the shipping company is already breaking it in for ya :D

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Captain

SOME of the shipping pallet may have been from NZ, we've got a lot of old crates around here....but we built the crate just before it was shipped...

Captain

Riles

Hey Captain, you can start crating up mine. I'll be ready to take delivery in about 10 days.  8)

Dale and I will need to start a new thread on "How to break in a new Skillmill."
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Captain

HSV

Hey Everyone  :)

Hi Dale,

Great to hear you have received your Skillmill!!!  I am glad that after all of that loading and unloading it's in tact, thanks Captain for the great re-packing skills  ;D

Let me know Dale if you need any help setting the mill up, and yeah, as everyone else has said, get the photos flowing in!!  8)

Jeff B and Tammy, thanks heaps for participating in this, it was good fun.  Chris and Kerris said they enjoyed meeting up with you at Sawlex, and thanks for posting the video footage for us.

beenthere

And what is the latest good news on the Skillmill? 

Been awhile, and we are anxious for some set-up pics and sawing pics.... ;D ;D

(no pressure there Dale  :) )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!