iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Believe it or not! (Rain!!!)

Started by Raider Bill, June 01, 2007, 02:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

It's raining here! 8) :) ;D :o

Coming your way guys!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DanG

I heard it might sprinkle a bit this weekend. 8) 8)  We've decided to evacuate.  Going to Missipissi for a couple of days.  Linda is past due on her tithe at Biloxi, and I'm being dragged along because of our 10th anniversary. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Gael ate supper with one of her girl friends on the other side of town tonight and said that it rained buckets on the other side of the river. 

We haven't had a drop yet.

PawNature

I ran into a couple of hard downpours from just north and south of Chattanooga
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

brdmkr

Quote from: DanG on June 01, 2007, 10:34:40 PM
I heard it might sprinkle a bit this weekend. 8) 8)  We've decided to evacuate.  Going to Missipissi for a couple of days.  Linda is past due on her tithe at Biloxi, and I'm being dragged along because of our 10th anniversary. :-\

Happy anniversary!

You called it right with the 'sprinkle'.  It doesn't look like we are going to get much here. >:( 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

WDH

We got 1/10th of an inch yesterday, the first of any amount in seven weeks.  Hopefully...............
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Been "sprinkleing" all night here.

Mooseherder

We got a good drenching so far and it appears we will get some more.  :)
I hope y'all get the same amount.

JAMES G

be safe dan the highways will be crowded with evacuees and thanks alot my sweety saw the biloxi word and now is ranting about me not taking her anywhere so tonight i am going to take her on a dinner fit for royalty dairy queen or burgerking her choice and if im lucky her treat ;D

scgargoyle

We finally got some rain here in FL- LOTS of rain! Apparently, I'm in the 'lucky' spot, since there are 5" in my rain gage. For you that don't know it, rain has been so scarce around here, the clouds forgot how to rain, and had to re-trained. Hopefully, some of it gets up to GA to help with the drought.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thecfarm

Maybe that is the soaking rain that we are going to get on Monday.It hasn't been dry here,but we can use it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Well, I finally got some green beans to grow with a lot of supplemental watering.  Checked on them this morning and found that the deer got every single one of them last night.  I have officially given up on green beans this year. 

This is how I got it figured  :P:

No rain + Deer with less food due to no rain = No green beans  ::)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

My father and my brother use to fight the deer here.When I took the garden over I wasn't going to weed.I layed down newspaper and hay.The hay is used to keep the newspaper in place.I like to wet the ground a little,lay down 4,5,6 layers of newspaper,wet it again,put down the hay.When all done give it a real good soaking.I guess the deer don't like the sounds of the newspaper when they step on it.I made the mistake of planting the beans on the outside row one year.As far as the deer could reach into the garden,they ate what they could reach.They did not step onto the newspaper.Works for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Tom

We had a good soaking rain all  morning. 

Raider Bill

Here comes the sun!

mike_van

I read that lake Okeechobee is at it's lowest level ever.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

theorm

Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2007, 12:15:07 PM
We had a good soaking rain all  morning. 

Tom,

It reminds me of a GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS  story back in the navy. The bad news is that we are on fire. The good news is that the flooding put out the fire...........

Theo
smiley_fireman_hat
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

Tom

I remember the instructor at fire school telling us that we had to be judicial with our application of water in putting out a fire aboard ship. To me, munitions and fire are more of a threat than the water to put the fire out.

A  few years ago a burning ship was brought to Jacksonville's port and the local Fire department was recruited to put the fire out.  The ship sank at the dock from the fire hoses and had to be salvaged.  It was partially refloated and taken off-shore and re-sunk.  It cost a lot of money. The papers were full of blame and finger pointing.

I like your story. :D

WDH

Rained slow here all day.  Not a lot of rain, but slow and theraputic.

Lanier_Lurker

We ain't had nuthin up here yet.  Been cloudy and breezy all day, but no rain.

There is a rain free gap between the area affected by the tropical storm and the popcorn showers in a 70 mile radius around Chattanooga.

And the Corps has released enough water out of Lake Lanier the past couple of days to lower the lake level over 4 inches.  I don't understand that not one bit.....

This is getting on my nerves.  I might have to have an extra toddy tonight to settle down.

Thank You Sponsors!