New Attachments for Junior

Started by Tam-i-am, July 10, 2013, 09:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

We now offer 3 new attachments for Junior.
Back in January I gave you a sneak peak,  now they are available.
Here is the latest video to see them in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOD3vr3CfI&feature=share&list=UUHMnDG56m23m5okjnlhnAlg

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

enigmaT120

Those are clever.  Did Mark think those up?
Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Tam-i-am

nope Kevin did

I don't think Mark has even seen them yet.

Brad_bb

http://www.logrite.com/store/Item/Junior-Log-Arch

Great new attachments to make it more versatile.  The only comment I would have, is that I would want to be able to store all the accessories on the arch.  I'd put he extension handle along side the main tube.  The rest I'd create mounting in the structure above the rear wheels.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Brad_bb

What type of tires does the Logrite JR arch have?  Tubeless, Tubes, or no flat(foam filled)?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tam-i-am

tubeless

The problem with attaching all the attachment to the arch is that it adds expense, they get in the way and add weight to Junior, making junior harder to use.

enigmaT120

I agree on the weight issue.  One thing I love about mine is that I can just pick it up and carry it over a bunch of brush or something that would be tough to pull it through or over.  I tend to leave my extension handle hanging from a limb somewhere.  Maybe I should paint it a bright color.
Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

martid53

I use junior as a tag axle removing logs from the forest behind my tractor. I bought the sling to use pulling out bunches of smaller trees/branches that the grapple had trouble grabbing. Happy to say it works great. Another winner for LogRite

Magicman

Hello    martid53, and Welcome to the forestry Forum.   :)

How about going to the board that best describes your sawing/woodworking interest and start an introduction thread.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

enigmaT120

Quote from: martid53 on July 17, 2013, 10:37:17 PM
I use junior as a tag axle removing logs from the forest behind my tractor. I bought the sling to use pulling out bunches of smaller trees/branches that the grapple had trouble grabbing. Happy to say it works great. Another winner for LogRite

I saw a local guy doing that.  He had a Junior in the back of the log holding that end up, a nose cone on the front to keep it from digging into the dirt, and he used a winch line to pull the log out so that he didn't have to drive all over compacting the soil.  It was pretty slick, but he has a lot less brush and stuff than I do.  And the ground was really flat where he was working.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

John Mc

Quote from: enigmaT120 on July 17, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
... I tend to leave my extension handle hanging from a limb somewhere.  Maybe I should paint it a bright color.

Like maybe a nice bright blue?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Tam-i-am

As much as I like the blue for that particular piece that gets thrown around so much the zinc plating is much more durable.

DR_Buck

Quote from: Tamiam on August 05, 2013, 12:28:11 PM
As much as I like the blue for that particular piece that gets thrown around so much the zinc plating is much more durable.

Mine is still shiney blue.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tam-i-am

DR is that because you don't use it?   :D

DR_Buck

Quote from: Tamiam on January 29, 2014, 12:52:02 PM
DR is that because you don't use it?   :D

It gets used a fair amount.   But I hang the extension handle up when I'm not using it.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught