iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me Log Loader

Started by adirondack harvester, February 25, 2007, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adirondack harvester

I just recevied my new to me log loader.  My wife shot this video of my first day ever using a loader (no laughing)  ;D  The truck leaves a little to be desired, but hey, it runs and the Prentice 150 loader seems to pick anything.

Here's the link.

Log Loader

Reddog

Looks like your having fun working with it. 8)

Tom

Sounds like a pleasant wife and she's on your side.  Can't ask for much more than that. :)

Greenedive

Your wife seems to have a good attitude ...that is 1/2 the battle ;D...you seem to be catching on pretty quickly...hope the machine works out well for you!!

adirondack harvester

Glad you liked the video.  I really enjoy the posts, pictures and videos on this site so I was anxious to add this video.

Yeah, she is great.  The video was cut short because she stopped taping to get back to scaling the logs I brought over! 

theorm

AH,

Your wife shoots video AND scales logs? You are one lucky dude! Next your are going to tells us that she bakes cookies too. Yeah, right, nobody is that lucky...
;D
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

Woodhog

Thanks for the nice video clip.. It wont be long before you will be handling logs in the "Auto"
mode and all the levers are moving without thinking of them...

adirondack harvester

theorm:  Yes, she does bake some mean chocolate chip cookies.

Woodhog:  I sure hopeit becomes second nature quickly.  Because right now I am slower than death.  Plus I don't have a firm grasp of the limit of the machine (i.e. how far to swing around on each side and not tip over).

Kevin_H.

Man that loader sure looks handy, Ya can never have too many tools.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

J_T

Up close it will lift a unreal amount  8) I try to stay close to the ground at full reach or on the ground an pull the logs closer to me . Then if you hit the wrong leaver or sompthing goes wrong it don't shake you up much. Once I was loading my truck and hadn't yet installed the headake rack and was going to slide a log about six inch and the bark let it slide real easy  :'( Yep you got it right in the back glass ::) Would you beleive the last log you think you can stack on will rool off the side nothing will reach ??? Have fun watch for power lines . Another story  :-X
Jim Holloway

adirondack harvester

Here's a couple of pics of the pulp pile I did yesterday with the loader.  Getting a bit faster, but still have a little ways to go.  Really been getting a lot of snow lately too!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!