iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fighting the Humid Hot Temps and MOLD.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 16, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: loggah on June 17, 2014, 07:01:14 PM
I feel sorry for you guys out sawing in high temp,high humidity down south, its bad enough up here ! i like to saw in spring and fall, good thing im just a hobby sawyer. i spent yesterday welding a new cutting edge into my excavator bucket in the sun that was bad enough!!! going to cut scrap in a broiling scrapyard tomorrow ;D maybe i need one of those wet rags wrapped around my head! ;D

Yes the heat and humidity does get tough sometimes. Ask WDH or Custom Sawyer... ;D
But I WOULD NOT want to be in the COLD weather you brothers have up North!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

Quote from: loggah on June 17, 2014, 07:01:14 PM
I feel sorry for you guys out sawing in high temp,high humidity down south, its bad enough up here ! i like to saw in spring and fall, good thing im just a hobby sawyer. i spent yesterday welding a new cutting edge into my excavator bucket in the sun that was bad enough!!! going to cut scrap in a broiling scrapyard tomorrow ;D maybe i need one of those wet rags wrapped around my head! ;D

What no AC in the excavator,  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

willmyers0169

I just tried the Clorox mix with some left over borate solution and water on fresh cut SYP. it turns the wood yellow  in the heart. Is this normal!?
Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

BBTom

I do not know about SYP, but I used that solution on hard Maple and it did turn a bit brownish on the outside right after spraying.  Two years later, after it was dried and planed, it came out very bright and white.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: willmyers0169 on June 20, 2014, 03:16:55 PM
I just tried the Clorox mix with some left over borate solution and water on fresh cut SYP. it turns the wood yellow  in the heart. Is this normal!?

Yes, this is normal. After a while the yellow will disappear and the wood will look natural.

Thank You Sponsors!