iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New England FF pot luck the Northern Project (May 19, 2018)

Started by Bruno of NH, November 19, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Missing was purple drank,crawfish and grits  :D
The burgers and dogs sure tasted good.
I hope to do this again and hope more will attend.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I gotta say thats a good crowd for Peter's first get together.
Its good also to put faces with names.

Ya'll is a whole lot prettier than us in the South.  :D :D :D

Some of ya is smiling some ain't. So I'm assuming the smiles are from
the ones who ate Grits behind the barn. ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 20, 2018, 11:36:53 AM
Some of ya is smiling some ain't.
I guess I should have told a goat joke before I took the picture.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

The next one we can have at my place and cut some slabs.
My place is no were near as nice as Peter place.
It looks like the hillbillies hideout with wood every place.
I will try to get my mill shed up this summer.
Maybe get a tent.
Do it in the summer maybe ?
Bruno
Let me know what you all think please.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

petefrom bearswamp

I had a great time visiting with everybody, seeing Peter's operation and enjoying the food.
I made it all the way home 6 1/2 hrs arriving at 9:35 or so.
Pretty tiring for this senior citizen.
I forgot how frustrating driving on other that interstates can be in New England.
got behind a line of cars and a school bus going up mountains on Vermont 9 at 30 MPH for what seemed like an eternity.
On to the pig roast in August!!
Took some video of the quarter sawing on my phone but haven't a clue how to post it.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

wow pete  wouldn't have know it was you in the pic if they didn't say it was you the last time i seen you   you where gray now your all white  :D :D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Bruno of NH

Petefrom bearswamp
It was great to meet you
I'm very happy you made the trip.
Some time I would like to visit your mill.
Bruno

Peter Drouin

It was fun, Thank's to all who came. 
We did get a lot of flake from that Red Oak. 
If I was in the finish hardwood market, I would cut it all that way. [reverse role] with big logs. The Oak I used I think was 18" top end, and not quite big enuff for that kind of cutting.
 But, watch out for the backstops, All most hit one.  Thank's Yellowhammer. 
Gab was a big help having watched it in person at customersawer's.
Good food Bruno. smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Thank You Jim for adding names to faces, and Congratulations/Thanks to Bruno and Peter for hosting this successful event.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Bruno & Peter:
Thanks for hosting and everything else.
I enjoyed meeting other members of the forum and their guests.

As far as purple drank is concerned at exit 20 off of I-93 there was a Wal-Mart and I'm pretty sure they 
had grape kool-aid available and I could of brought a bottle (I think it is a quart) of 190 proof grain alcohol.
Personally I do not think contributing to someone getting drunk and losing their senses is the right thing to do.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Chuck White

Good to hear that it was a good get-together!

Really nice turn-out!

I wish I could have made it, but I have several customers who all want their stuff sawn yesterday!

Nice pics, thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

51cub

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 20, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
The next one we can have at my place and cut some slabs.
Let me know what you all think please.
Say the word. I'd be happy to do this again
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

WDH

Thanks for the pic of all the miscreants and reprobates ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

51cub

Some of the pictures I took. These are from the RRQS demonstration

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

78NHTFY

What a great bunch of FF members and just a terrific time!!  Peter & Bruno were the perfect hosts for this 1st of the Northern Project get-togethers--thanks so much to them and their spouses for their efforts.  Some serious sawing/demos and we all learned something (big cheers when that oak ray-fleck showed up!!); and lots of laughs and stories--the day went by too fast.  Even the forecasted rainy weather held off until later in the day!  Already looking forward to the next one.  Hope everyone made it home safely.  All the best, Rob
If you have time, you win....

nilpuk

I had a great time and it was nice to place faces from the forum.  Im looking forward to another great get together  in the future.
A dear old friend once said,
"If it doesn't make good lumber, it will always make
good smoke"

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Jeff on May 20, 2018, 08:09:39 PM
Y'all make this old Millrat very proud. :)

I'm glad your happy with the way it all came out Jeff, Thank's for letting us run this through your house. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Nilpuk
I'm glad you stopped in
I hope you can get your mill sorted out.
Try the 7° and 4° bands it will make a big difference. 
Bruno

Bruno of NH

Jeff
I also thank you for letting us run this through the FF.
Bruno

petefrom bearswamp

Coxy, yes I am now pretty white on the cranium and face, but it was all well earned.
Bruno you would be welcome anytime as would any FF members.
PA mizerman is supposed to head home today if his car is repaired, lets wish him godspeed and a safe trip.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

After taking 9 through VT to get to NH on friday I chose to take a different route on the way home. So I drove through Killington. Much nicer drive. I did notice the closer to home I got the dumber the drivers get.

I think I need to make a trip back up there and go hike Quechee Gorge. When I drove over it, it looked amazing.

Definitely a great way to spend a weekend. I would do it again without a second thought. Thanx to everyone for making it worth the trip.

WDH

Do like Yogi Berra said.  If you come to a fork in the road, take it :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Crusarius

When I left home it said 6 hours took me almost 8 :) I put in start point and end point into my phone. Then threw the phone in the center console and only looked at it a couple times. 

The journey is half the fun. I have seen some pretty amazing things doing that. Plus I rarely travel the same route twice.

GAB

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on May 21, 2018, 07:24:23 AM
PA mizerman is supposed to head home today if his car is repaired, lets wish him godspeed and a safe trip.
For sure, for sure.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!