iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Snow. Leaves on the tree and an inch of wet and I do mean wet snow. Has changed over to rain. I don't know if it will change back to snow tonight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Last Sunday we had a few flakes blowing around, but that didn't amount to anything!

This morning at 6:00 I looked out and the ground is covered, but less than an inch, and 34°!

It's on it's way!  bon_fire
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

When I made that post last night the wind was not all that bad. That sure did change quick. That wind was blowing hard. And I do mean hard. But they said it was coming. We kinda got the edge of the wind storm. I can see some snow,but the ground is not covered. A very light mist out now.
Yes,Chunk,I doubt it will forget about us this year. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sleet here all last night and wind and rain all day and now heavy fog. Never got quite to 40F.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodcutter_Mo

67° on the thermometer right now, I'd say it got up to 70° today, was really nice and clear. Same tomorrow and predicted 72° for the high. Supposed to be a little cooler and rainy for a few days after that.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

thecfarm

40° and stopped raining. The brook by the house looks like the way it should. Full!!! Looks like the water levels are coming up.Even though it was a wet day,no sun this morning and a mist off and on all day. Rain came in the afternoon. Hard at times.

51cub

74 and cloudy right now in Dallas. I haven't been home in days, no idea about CT weather. Circumstances have led me from home in CT to Florida, and on to Dallas by car with a rescue dog going home to his mama. The weather's been mostly good. A little rain here and there, but the temperatures have been tolerable even for me. Anyplace that I wasn't driving with the AC on, there was enough breeze to be comfortable. Leaving for CT tomorrow, we'll see what it's like for the ride
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Wet and showery here all week, hard rain last night. Set out the bird feeders yesterday and the blue jays moved in. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WV Sawmiller

Supposed to be 74 degrees and sunny tomorrow here. I think I will squeeze in one more catfishing trip if I can catch enough bait to set out my lines.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Sunny,What's that?  Today started out with sun,but did not last. Sprinkles off and on all day. But at least the wind stopped. Rain Friday? Maybe some tomorrow too.

lxskllr

It was 74 today  D^:  Sixties tomorrow and rain which is a /bit/ more reasonable, but c'mon... I'll be glad when summer's a distant memory.

thecfarm

Raining here now. Or it was. Comes and goes. Kinda wish it would come and stay for a while than go away. Been wet here for 4 days. Not getting much water during 3½ of those days.

51cub

Cloudy for most of the day  yesterday between Dallas and just east of Memphis. Rained a couple times leaving Dallas. Rained good and hard this morning for most of western Tennessee, then cloudy in VA. I'll get home midday tomorrow to see what the weather is there
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

51cub

Rain for most or the day in CT. The forecast is for more on and off overnight, then heavy winds after that

SwampDonkey

Rain and wet, most of the week was wet and showery, but we got rain now. No wind. I'm on a hill, so let her flow. :D

Chickadees found their way to the feeders.

thecfarm

Been raining here after mid night. We are getting some rain now.

lxskllr

Rain and cooler. Probably won't hit 60 today. It's supposed to clear up and get windy. If my plans go right, I'll cut some big stuff from my oak today to have something to split over the coming week, and finish my climbing project tomorrow so I can get my last redwood planted.

thecfarm

Well I am see mud puddles and mud!!!  I know some of you have seen it all summer. Not that way in the part of Maine I call home.

thecfarm

Sun is out!!! Seems strange to be light at 6am. First day of time change. I will have to go out and enjoy the sun.

chevytaHOE5674

Winter weather advisory posted for 4+ inches of wet snow this afternoon and evening. Looking at the week ahead there is ~5 inches of rain and 10" of snow in the forecast.

Ugly ugly weather.

thecfarm

Who left the door open?? 26°!!  We have more rain coming in. I have no idea how we are doing on the rainfall amount. I would think we are still on the low side. 

lxskllr

Rain and cool today; ~54. Supposed to be rain and 66 tomorrow. Too warm!  :^(

SwampDonkey

Starry skies last night but soon clouded over this morning for rain tonight, tomorrow ad tomorrow night. Wet.

Cousins have been in the trees harvesting Christmas trees, rain or shine, 7 days a week.cut_tree

thecfarm

Rain,but this time it is raining. Not a light mist this time.

SwampDonkey

Shower in the night, nothing since daylight.

Thank You Sponsors!