iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DonP's quiz for August the twoth. they got it!

Started by Tom, August 02, 2002, 10:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

On close examination, I would call #2 a dogwood also.  Looks like we might have to get hold of DonP on this one too unless someone clarifies it. :-/ :-/

Remember where DonP travels and it'll help

Tom

Using DonP's common name for this plant, I found it. Finally.

It is not a Dogwood and you will probably have trouble finding it unless you are already familiar with it.

Like I said before, remember the stomping grounds of Don.

Paul_H

Now,not only am I tree searching,but stalking DonP too :D
I read where he mentioned Kentucky.Also read Charlotte.Is that Virginny,or am I lost?

Going on Virginia,I found Persimmon (Diospyros virginiana L.)

My guess is because it mentioned bell shaped flowers.

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

I have spent about 3 hours in the past 24,searching for that DanG tree :-/. From NC to Illinois and points in between.It's been educational.I wouldn't even know where to start for #1.(Cow Parsnip?)

Late tonight,I'll try some more sites.I hope it is already solved.

My brain hurts! ???

bjorn

Tom

bjorn got #2.......way to go.   I don't think I would have gotten that if I didn't already have the answer.  How did you know?

Now, I know someone has the answer to #1.  It's been talked about enough on this Forum by that bunch up around Michigan. :P

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Way to go Noble............That clears up another of Don's puzzles.  This is fun, Huh?  You guys are getting pretty good.

ADfields

#1 is Elderberry, but what is called "cow parsnips" in Alaska is somthing diferant.    I will see if I can post a photo of it in the morning.
Andy

ADfields

Well I was about to put my pix on but I cant make them small enouf. ::)   It wont take over 15k and 30k is about as small as I can get them down and still see whats what. :-/    I will do a bit of thinking on it and see what I can do. :P   I wonder if I was to take them with less megapixal like 1.0 insted of 3.4 it would work.  I'l check it out.
Andy

Thank You Sponsors!