iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bronze pins in skidder planatary questions?

Started by jocco, December 13, 2011, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocco

On the outboard planatary, the 3 bronze pins how much wear before you replace them?
You may check out but you will never leave

timbuck2

Depends on how much they are leaking.   They wear and the hole gets a little oval, then it leaks.  To do it right you have to get the cover machined and a good machinist can make a thin brass bushing so the original size pin still fits,  new pins of course.   I took one from my TJ to a shop in Berlin NH and 3 or 4 young guys were looking at it wondering what to do when this old duffer came wandering up from the back of the shop and said, " Oh yeah, I done a hundred of them."

inthewoods

I've got what sounds to be the same type of thing on my International Loader.  They leak a bit on one wheel, & under heavy use for the last couple years it doesn't seem to be any worse. I just keep it full.  I suppose this is why the wheel chamber looks slightly off.
Safety is my #1 priority!
Awesome wife & kids
Off grid home - Hydro Turbine+solar+wind
3 blade mill, JD 440D, Franklin 170, Mack-Polar Prehauler, Fiat 14C dozer, IH 3850D loader, F600 dump, 01 F350 crew, 93 F350 idi-9'2"V, Walter, 385xp(x2), 281xp, JET 15", Partner K700, Sachs 119&120, 2159c, Etc.

jocco

Oh i meant the 3 pins in the planatary gear resulting in gear breakage. Not oil seals or the frost plug type cap on small planataries.
You may check out but you will never leave

treefarmer87

i just replaced all the gears,pins, and washers in my left hub on my c5, the pins broke in half, they were worn pretty bad, and the washers were paper thin :o there was alot of slack in the 3 small gears.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!