Sponsors:

New to me 15 year old Kasco

Started by Mm.kasco, April 09, 2014, 08:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mm.kasco

Any suggestions on modification?

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Mm.kasco.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Howdy, and not sure what you need to modify,  I reckon anything can be modified, to what end?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mm.kasco

It has 2 movable log decks but it seems like even on 8 ft logs the last couple boards will sag.i know I want to add more log decks just looking for any wisdom on making the saw II a little more efficient to runn.I already added a drip tank.Anyone had luck getting the power up and down to go faster?

47sawdust

My first mill was a'97 Kasco IIB.I did have extra bunks that I fabricated.I was able to cut very accurate lumber with the saw.It is a very well made piece of equipment.
The acme threads must be kept very clean and well lubricated.Even then the slow up/down was the reason that I sold the saw.I'm 67 and need to get on with the show instead of waiting,waiting for the saw head to go up and down.
If you are patient ,it will serve you well.
FF member Larry sawed a lot of lumber with his Kasco.Visit his gallery for lots of pictures.He made a slick toe roller that is a handy upgrade and used Pam to coat the acme threads.
Good luck,
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Mm.kasco

Nomad

Go to "Members" near the top of the page.  Search for members.  Type in "Larry."  When it brings up his profile, click on the camera under his avatar.  Done deal.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Ga Mtn Man

Which brings up a good point.   If you don't set up the link in your profile settings, it's much harder for folks to find and view your pics.  If you (and you know who you are ;)) haven't done it already, go to your Account Settings, scroll down to My Gallery and follow the instructions. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

kentmyers

I have an older Kasco as well.  The previous owner built some additional bunkers and seems to work well.  Mine seems to cut well up to about 12 feet, then I need to use the extra bunkers  Maybe because the majority of the wood I saw is red oak.

Mm.kasco

Just added 4 new bunks and got to try my new homeade log arch today.not as fancy as most that I have seen on the ff but all I have in it is time and welding rod.i will try to have one of my daughters put picks up.

Mm.kasco

Ok I am sure it is easy to add picks but I am not getting it?

Magicman

The top two "sticky" threads contain the picture posting information/instructions that you need.  Pick the one that applies to you, either Mac or PC.  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/board,16.0.html

If you have any questions, just ask.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!