iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast 2005 is almost here!

Started by Jeff, August 02, 2005, 10:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Thought I would share a photo of the tables we put together yesterday. THey are bigger then they look in the photo.  Not sure if we will get everything done we wanted to get done, but the one thing thatI will make sure gets done by Saturday noon is Mr. Piggy.  This year just never lets up. While we were working Saturday on our Wood-mizer pigroast "mod" ;D, i started to feel a little twisted.  By evening I was having pains in my right lower back extending down the leg and into the foot. Got pretty bad, but by Sunday night the heavy pain in the back quit, but was replaced by my leg not working right. Went to the Dr. and then the hospital today. Apparently a disk has pinched a nerve off, SO.... I am slow. Real slow. Pretty much just dragging one leg around. The foot is completely numb and the reflex testing yielded zero response.  Dont worry though, the piggy roast wont miss a beat although I may look like the hunch back of notre dame trying to get around but I'll do just fine. :)  This has been quite a year. One thing into another. My Doctor said its a good thing he aint a Vet cause he would be thinkin about putting me down. What a guy. :D

Here is da Wildchild posing with the newly built tables.

For those of you that can not be at the Pigroast, we will have a webcam going where you can see a new photo every minute, and browse a gallery that will capture a photo every 5 minutes.

Newest photo link will be:
https://forestryforum.com/webcam.html

Here is the Gallery URL: (A new photo added to the gallery every 5 minutes)
https://forestryforum.com/imagearchive/pigroast
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Me and Woodbowl are thinkin' of havin' our own little piggy roast, Southern style this weekend.  We'll send pics so you suckers can see what you're missing. ;D

Jeff, I hate to hear that you're continuing to have problems.  Look at the bright side, though.  You should be about eligible for one of them "Handicap" parking things that you hang on your mirror.  You can get one of them little motor scooters to plunder around in Walmart, too. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Rockn H

Jeff, may be a different cause, but a couple years ago I had a pinched nerve that caused my right hip and leg from the lower back down to just go to sleep.  Some times it would tingle, but mainly just numb.  After about two months it just went away.  Wish I knew why in case it comes back. ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Jeff, I hope you are feeling better real soon. We are heading out in the morning and plan to be in Harrison late afternoon on Friday. We will be happy to help out in any way when we get there. Digging pits, moving dem tables, sittin by the fire,  fetching blue beers  ;)

By the way, looks like you need to get some UV protectant on them tables, the ones on the right are allready starting to fade out ;D

See you real soon
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

I tink da fade was a little sweat on da lense. :)

shopteacher

What's the matter, you got something against hunchbacks?  Hope your feeling better.  Got to go in Fri. for test on a leg that's been swelled for 2 week and shortness of breath.  Ya, can't wait to get them fixed so I can get on to the next ailment.  Boy ain't getting old great. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Jeff

QuoteYa, can't wait to get them fixed so I can get on to the next ailment.  Boy ain't getting old great.

:D  Thats me this year!

I got orders from my Physical therapist this morning not to be lifting. He says I probably have a bulged disc from his tests this morning. He says even if I feel good, dont do it, cause I dont want it to become a herniated disc. Well, I think hes coming to the pig roast, so I'll get my lifting done before Saturday. :D

Jeff

Well, some of you are on the way!  Tom should be in the air by now, or at least on the plane. I'll be heading out to pick him up at the airport shortly after noon. All you folks be careful in your travels!

Kevin_H.

Getting ready to shut down the computer and head out...jeff just leave the heavy stuff if ya can and Weekend sawyer and I will take care of it on friday...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

beenthere

Sure didn't like hearing of 'more' slow-you-down things goin on. But,

hope you are good at 'giving' orders and real good at accepting how we do them, along with the back-talk you'll get  ;D

We'll be there Friday morning and, at least Carol really likes a lot of work to do. Hope you will be lettin us pitch in or lettin us know when we are in the way. Whatever.  Lookin forward to arriving and will be staying at the Carriage House Inn Thursday night.

The weather looks to be on the good side, hovering around 80°.  Nice if that will be true.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Weekend_Sawyer

Absolutley Kevin!

I can't get a thing done here at work for thinkin about what I need to get done tonight to get going tomorrow!

I was in a hallway meeting this morning and they were asking me about a couple of problems and what can we do.... bla.. bla...bla. I replied "I don't know, All I can tell you is that I'M GOING ON VACATION!!! While pumping my fists in the air 8) 8) 8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

So far so good on the weather. That will save some work not having to set up rain canopies. We have the best natural shade canopies god can offer already, but they tend to let the rain filter through. :)

Stump Jumper

WHAT!  no log rolling in the pool but there will be table dancing ??? :-X ::) :o  ;D ;D

we will be rolling in thursday we will stop in and see what you need help with   

I hope your back and leg are feeling better

prayers for traveling safety for everyone  8)

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Gunny

Jeff:

Had hoped to PM you but couldn't locate an email addy for you so will send my thanks this way for the personal invitation to the pig roast.  I'm afraid I have to beg off this one time--though I'm sure going to plan on it for next year!--since I just dropped the fine Mrs. off in Greenville for surgery and am "Mr. Mom" to the four tykes for a while.  We also just brought home two 8-week-old Seppala Siberians to add to our kennel and they're worse than the kids, what with all the yipping and yapping.  This next week or so is going to be interesting around here.

I'm bringing the old six-string next year and do hope that many others will bring along their fine instruments so that we can have a merry hoe-down.  Best to all and a safe journey both ways!

Murf

I dunno Boss, by da looks of da pose da Wild Child is strikin dere it lokks like she just laid a big ole woopin' on ya' ......  :D

Looks like the Wild Child Victory Dance to me........    8)

Is'n ya sure dat isn't wat really happened to yer backside?  :-X
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Jeff

Woopin on me would be to ordinary of an event for her to celebrate it. :D

Murf

Oh, so I'm not all that special after all huh?  :D

I thought it was just me dat got whoopticated fer doin' sumtin' stooopid every now & then.

Another urban (rural?) myth down in flames........ ::)

Note to self: Don't unplug da garage opener ta change the burnt out bulb like the instrukshuns say ta' do, not if'n yer gonna fergit ta' plug it back anywho.

Da meesus don't appreciate that sorta hepful stuff when she's runnin' late.  smiley_furious3

moosehunter

Caint hardly believe I gotta wait 36 hours before I can head out >:( One more day of the the rat race. The Mrs. has most stuff packed and a list of stuff for me to pack. We hope to be early enough friday night to stop in and say hi.
Everyone.......... drive safe ;) We wanna see ya there, not hear about ya!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

Toms here! He broke the plane from the chicago jump and was 2 hours late but I found him and got him here. :)

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff B on August 03, 2005, 11:51:24 PM
Toms here! He broke the plane from the chicago jump and was 2 hours late but I found him and got him here. :)

Looks like he brought the rain too.   He needs to come to our place!!

Let the party begain!!  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Pete J

I stuck neslrite, tamiam and the kids in the official LogRite minivan and pointed them in that general direction. The van has autopilot so they should make it there sooner or later. Prop them up in front of the webcam so that I have some proof that they made it.

Have fun everybody!

Ed_K

8) Ya'll have a great time this weekend  8).
Jeff, don't push yourself, let everyone help. I know what a ruptured disk feels like. Bulged disk ain't to far away  :(.
Like them tables, don't get to cut trees that size to often.
Ed K

Mtnjack

Jeff maybee we should set up a sorta mash tent for all us cripples.Theys cuten me open at 9.45 and then when thats over Jan Jenna an I are headed to the giant pig roast, See every one there, hope to get there this evening for some recovery. Mtn Jack

Murf

Everybody have fun & don't eat too much.*

* Note: the word "too" is open to personal interpritation and spousal consent.  ;)

I sure wish I could git down there an' put some faces to some names, but it's not to be, this year anyways, I've had a little setback yesterday, but I'll say an extra little prayer for all those travelling in the name of fun, friendship and PIGGY!!!

Enjoy!!!

pasbuild

Just finished emptying out the truck for the ride, should be leaving by noon, hope to get there in time to see the piggy into the roaster :)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!