iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Week up North

Started by jander3, April 19, 2009, 05:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jander3

I had a week off; I spent my time up north (near Hinckley, MN) getting things ready for spring.  If things go well, the cabin walls should be up by mid summer.

A beaver pond just south of our cabin site.

Sunset off what will become the west deck.

Gin pole for lifting logs onto the stumps.  The ground was way too wet to use the tractor and loader.  The block and tackle with a 4 to 1 ratio on the  main guy line made it easy for me to use this set up while working alone.

I spent a couple of days cutting decking for the subfloor with an Alaskan Mill.  I have about 1/2 the deck completed.  Two days of this and my arms and hands were pretty much shot.  One day, I need a real saw mill.

New Polaris 500, first time out.  I was very impressed with this machine.

I finally got permission lined up from the state, the county, and the Wild Life Management guys to access my property.  I cut about 2.5 miles of trail through the woods for ATV access.

Ya, finally, we are civilized; next thing, ya know, my wife will, likely, make me put in water so we can take a shower.

Sprucegum

Beautiful site  8) ya can't beat a view from the throne

Mooseherder

Looking Good J3. :)
Some progress is always good. ;)

WDH

Yeah, water would be nice.  Some people, usually the fairer sex, insist on it ;D.

Beautiful site!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

You are embarking on a great journey my friend!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Don K

With that ATV you could haul in a LT 15 and really crank out the boards and timbers. Beautiful land and looks like the start to a nice cabin. You are a lucky man. Many people would love to have a slice of heaven like that.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

tim1234

Jon,

I'm envious of the site.  It looks great.

Keep posting the pics of the progress. 

Is that log hollow all the way through or do you need to empty it or better yet burn it like that toilet Mike Rowe had to clean on dirty Jobs ;D

Tim
You buy a cheap tool twice...and then you're still stuck with a cheap tool!!
Husky 372XP, 455 Rancher, Echo CS300, Alaskan 30" Chainsaw Mill

wi woodcutter

That is a very nice cabin site!

Keep us updated on the progress.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Thank You Sponsors!