iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Years Eve and Day Sawing

Started by Corley5, February 07, 2011, 09:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

We had extraordinarily nice weather for both New Years Eve and Day so I took advantage of it and sawed some white and red pine I'd scavenged into 2X4s and 6s for studs for the interior partitions in the house addition.

The beginning  8)

Dogged and ready to hit the saw.  This log has some red rot in the butt.

Ready to flip

Time to rip it into 2X8+ then run them thru the edger and into 2X4s

I like sawing white pine.  TIP-  Don't saw logs from a state forest campground without checking them with a metal detector.  I'm quite sure every camper brings a hammer, a can of big nails, and a ladder to drive them into the 2nd log  ::)

The holidays production  :)  The mill did very well.  The saw behaved.  The engine ran good.  A very enjoyable sawing session and a good way to bring in the New Year  8) 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

clww

Love that big circle saw blade! 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Thanks for showing a bit of your operation.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

Gday

I love those pics Corley Its always a great day when you are sawing Mate ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

weisyboy

its always good when nothing breaks down and you make some sawdust.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Burlkraft

Looks like the addition is coming along nicely!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Woodbuzzer

Frick saw mills,NHTC29Dtractors,Jonsered chain saws,Northern Hyd. woodsplitters,Central Outdoor woodboilers,and Arctic Cats too!

Chuck White

Looks like you had a couple of nice, enjoyable days!

Here, we now have a little over 2ft of snow on the flat ground, even heavier in the woods!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Nice looking mill Corley,lefties must be popular in your area.Always nice to keep some of your logs under cover.  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!