iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i need help identifying these trees.

Started by lashaoor, November 25, 2013, 11:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lashaoor

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have been showing these pictures to people i know and they all tell me something different EVERY TIME. i wanna know which trees are these and if they can be used as firewood.

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  8)

I recognize one tree in your pics but, I'll wait for for more knowledgeable folks then me.  :D
To the second part of your question;      yes.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

lashaoor

thanks for the warm welcome. i am already liking this forum. i am reading random threads. this is a cool forum i must say. Looking forward to all kind of good information. BTW these trees are/were located in Connecticut *if that helps in identifying*

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I'm nowhere near an expert but I believe the second tree is some type of oak.

I believe both the trees would be good firewood...

Herb

Ron Wenrich

First one looks like choke cherry.  They don't get very big or tall.  The second looks like black oak.  They're both good for firewood.  The black oak is also good for lumber. 

How about putting those pics into your gallery so that you can link them right into your message.  We don't really allow offsite photos.  People who have dial up (and there are several) will have a problem.  And, every message ever posted to this forum is still here.  That allows others to see your posts well into the future.  Here's how you do it.  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html   Thanks.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

samandothers

The vine looks like bittersweet. When I first looked at pics I was thinking cherry of some sort and an oak, but I am not good at this 'what is this tree' game and depend on others myselft.  ::)

mesquite buckeye

Bittersweet vine growing around a cherry. Red oak. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

Cherry with bittersweet, and I'm going with scarlet or pin oak (??)

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, lashaoor.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wmrussel

The first tree is non-merchantable and the second is a scarlet oak.  Maybe a black oak.
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, lashaoor
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!