iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So you want to build a log arch, eh?

Started by Delawhere Jack, July 12, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

Here's a solid old design you could copy.

Horse drawn log arch at the Tuckahoe Steam Show today in Easton MD.

This bad boy was state of the art in it's day. Notice the all terrain wheels and suspension under the seat.

It even has a winch capstan for raising the logs. No 12V needed, just muscle it up with the big lever.

Got to meet Marty and his wife again. Marty was actually able to get some nice boards out of the ugly logs they provided him to mill. And I met a fellow FF member from "Slower Delaware". Mudhog, aka Jim Messick. We got to talk a while. Real nice guy. He even had his FF cap on!

backwoods sawyer

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

drobertson

No question these things hauled some logs!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Delawhere Jack

It always amazes me how simple and functional machines were 100 years ago. Heck, someone had a 65-66 Mustang on display. Straight 6 engine. Battery, coil, carb and engine. It was hardly any different than the tractors from 40 years earlier.

Thank You Sponsors!