iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian Fever

Started by Puffergas, July 04, 2019, 08:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

What came first, the board or the sticker? I think stickers.

I managed to come down with a nasty case of cancer and wanted to re-invent myself. Major sell off of old equipment and then a few updates. Below is the mill being setup at it's new home.

And moving a small load of fibers from the old mill location.

I plan to post more as time progresses.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

moosehunter

I like the mill, and the tractor. Cool!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

RobS

Sorry to hear.  Hope you get through it.  Hopefully the new saw will bring a little joy and help you through.

BTW-  Did you have an auction recently?  With a Berg mill being sold?
John Deere 5310 w/ FEL forks, Husky clone 372xp, Husky 455, 240, woodshop and forge.

120th class 1996 NHLA inspection school.

thecfarm

Bummer. :(  Cancer. Good luck to ya. Yes nice tractor. I could haul some rocks with that.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Like that mill 
Good luck with your health
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Chuck White

Never good to hear such news, hope you get through it ok!  
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

That is not what I wanted to hear when I opened this.  I wish you the best in your journey.

nativewolf

Puffergas, I'm a two time cancer survivor.  Good luck on that journey.

Where is the new mill home?  How do you like the swingblade?  Quick work on stickers I bet :D , smart sawyers would say the sticker.

Liking Walnut

Puffergas

Thanks everybody!

RobS, yes. You must have been at the sale.

Nativewolf, yes I like the swing saw. I started out with an old circle saw then two band mills and now back home with a circle saw. The old mill was at my place and the new mill is at Dad's.

Let see if this video works:

Sawing With The SB1020 - YouTube
Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Puffergas

Jeff

Puffergas

Spend too much time running for tools or what have you when doing maintenance. Have this old trailer that was asking to become the repair trailer. I'm thinking tools, vise, torches, small crane and be able to load a generator, air compressor or a welder.

The lumber has been turning out nice.

Next log up:

Here is a short video about the 114:

Trojan 114 Startup Video - YouTube

And some action cam stuff:

At The Controls Of The SB1020 - YouTube

You all keep on rolling !
Jeff

jbjbuild

Very interesting videos, thanks for sharing.
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

Puffergas

A fast look at the fork adapter in this video. At the end and on the trailer. The video is less than 2 minutes.

Steiger Startup:

Steiger Startup - YouTube

This is a longer video. It is the first time using the forks on the 114.

First Use of Forks For The Trojan 114 - YouTube

I think I'll work on a lap siding video next. Do I sticker lap siding just like lumber or is there a different stickering method for lap siding?

Later.   :)
Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!