iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cleaning Out

Started by Magicman, February 11, 2014, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Outside is really not too nice, so the order of business has been getting rid of stuff.
I started with my file drawers.  Some of the folders had not been purged in many years so it was past time.

This large stack is destined for the fireplace insert.

The smell of burning papers really is not pleasant but thankfully it is outside.  My poor neighbors.

But at least I now have plenty of room in my file folders.   ;D

And PatD was having a refrigerator cleaning out party so now she also has room.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

That's a job we have to get into here too, Lynn.

Picked a good time to do it, when you can't do much outside!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

After we got done I ate that last Louisiana Satsuma.    food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Magic I got to ask, what's a Louisiana Satsuma?  I really need to have one of those clean up days too, I'd have to start in the garage and work my way to the basement  :-\.  Strange how things can accumulate when you get married and combine two house holds, then be stupid enough to move it all into one and not throw/give half of it away!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magic, is that Buttermilk I see? We drink a good bit of it and sue it for cooking.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

:D :D
Quotethen be stupid enough to move it all into one and not throw/give half of it away!

But... your half or hers.   ;D

ps.. I'm not sayin a word about Poston's post.  ;D;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Sandhills, a satsuma is a citrus fruit similar to a tangerine.  They will grow a bit further north than most citrus and are popular along the Gulf Coast.  You can see it in the fridge pic beside the milk.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Thanks DanG for the explanation.  Google is also your friend.  The Satsuma shipping season ended around the first week in January, so the fruit in our last couple of bags was really loose inside of the peel, but also very sweet.

David, yes, buttermilk for making cornbread and the lady knows something about making cornbread.  Yellow cornmeal and made in a cast iron skillet. 

Many of our meals include cornbread.   food6

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All you need is a BIGGER bowl.  :)

Magicman

When it is hambone soup, I always refill the bowl.   ;D

Wellmud

Reminds me of one day last week it was sub zero here so I spent the day loading the wood stove, so I grabbed the big pot and put in them brown beans we grew in the garden, threw in a ham hock and when the wife came home she made the cornbread and fried potatoes smiley_thumbsup
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Roger2561

Due to a financial problem one of my younger brothers will be moving in with me later in the year.  First I'm in the beginning stages of renovating the 2nd floor of my house into an apartment for him.  To get that renovation done the stuff that's gathered up there over the years must first be removed.  Some of which belongs to my siblings, stuff they I thought they took when they moved out but obviously they didn't.  Some of the things left behind; one of my older brother's report cards from when he was in grade school (that was fun to look at), a belt buckle made from 30-30 casings, a brass belt buckle in the form of a banjo, and other treasures.  Roger
Roger

thecfarm

I feel we all should move once every 10 years to clean out out junk. Last time I moved was 14 years ago. Guess I should start packing.  :D  When I say move,I mean move into a house with no basement or out buildings. No place to keep our junk.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 11, 2014, 03:48:50 PM
Magic, is that Buttermilk I see? We drink a good bit of it and sue it for cooking.

So, Poston, did the jury find the buttermilk liable for the quality of the cooking? Mighty tough, blaming your ability to cook on a revered dairy product...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Herb

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on February 12, 2014, 09:37:51 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 11, 2014, 03:48:50 PM

So, Poston, did the jury find the buttermilk liable for the quality of the cooking? Mighty tough, blaming your ability to cook on a revered dairy product...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Herb

I just now noticed that Herb  :D Sometimes my fingers get out of order typing.  :o
Good Funny!  :D :D :D

sawguy21

Quote from: thecfarm on February 12, 2014, 09:25:27 AM
I feel we all should move once every 10 years to clean out out junk. Last time I moved was 14 years ago. Guess I should start packing.  :D  When I say move,I mean move into a house with no basement or out buildings. No place to keep our junk.
That  was my theory when single. Anything that didn't go in two loads went to charity or the landfill. Won't fly now. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 11, 2014, 09:52:31 PM
All you need is a BIGGER bowl.  :)

Or just install "side-boards"!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Burning papers is the easy part what do you do with antique dishes and furniture that you don't need and downsizing the living quarters?  My head hurts. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

A "very valuable" family heirloom becomes a flea market item when no one knows that it was your Great Grandmother's wedding present from your Great-Great Grandmother.   :-\

I have such an item and there are now three generations below me.  They know now but who will know then.  ???

21incher

I started cleaning out 2 years ago and still have not finished. I started by buying a scanner and scanning everything before shredding it. The best part of it was I scanned over 18,000 old 35mm slides and photographs then put them on a NAS ( network attached server) and now I can view them on my HDTV when ever I want to. I also converted a couple hundred music CD's to MP3,s that also play off my network. All the other old papers were converted to PDF's and now fit on 2 small low cost hard drives ( 1 I keep in my house and a 2nd that is a backup located else ware in case of a fire). Everything else is being sold on craigslist.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

pineywoods

I hate to think about even starting. We have collected stuff for over 50 years. Most of the wifes family have passed on, and we got all their stuff, plus a bunch from family. Some of t would be worth a few coins if I just had the time and inclination to go through it all and sort it out. Example-a large collection of 12 inch vinyl LP's (remember a guy named Elvis ?) 8 track tapes ? Wife's grandad was a country peddler. He frequently bartered for stuff rather than cash. We have most of it...And that doesn't even start on my tools. I still use hand tools I bought with my army mustering out pay in 1958..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!