iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kd150

Started by Montanye Woodwo, March 21, 2017, 06:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montanye Woodwo

Anyone have this? Now that I got a nice stack of Lumber I need to dry it. Was gonna do solar but think I'd rather have a dehumidification kiln.   I might have a order for a bunch of furniture so the sooner I get the wood dry the better.

woodweasel

I just had mine delivered last month. I got the slab poured for 12'x20' metal building. I didn't insulate under the concrete as some suggested. My thoughts are it dosent get very cold in Central Texas. I will heavy insulate the Mueller Building. Do to my work schedule I will erect the building in the next week or so. Then go from there. So long story short I have a new one in the box and haven't used it yet. I know it was built by Nyle even though I bought it from Woodmizer. It was shipped to me from the Nyle Factory. 8)

YellowHammer

Relabled Nyle 53, sure, several of us have one.  It's a nice unit.  I've dried over a hundred thousand bdft through mine. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

woodweasel

Am I gonna need more fans for air flow and construct baffles?

WDH

Increased air flow from extra fans help even out the drying.  I learned this from Yellowhammer. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

With higher air flow on wetter lumber, the faster the wood will dry, which means the DH will have to work harder to prevent higher-than-desired humidity.  If the compressor is not large enough, then higher humidities result and then we get stain and cup.

With lumber under 25% MC, air flow no longer makes wood dry faster...we are waiting for the moisture to move in the wood to the surface.  So low air flow is better as it costs less for electricity...double air flow costs more than four times more for electricity.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Thank You Sponsors!