iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Jack / Bad Decision / Painful Result / New Years resolution.

Started by gasman1075, December 31, 2018, 11:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman1075

I enjoy this forum very much, everyone seems very helpful and concerned about the fellow members. I am obsessed with firewood I stare at the log lengths in my field and my splitter that has been sitting idle since May 30, 2018. I had a car accident May 30 ( rear ended ) got banged up some spinal issues on the DA list until early November. Then fell carrying a bottle of wine glass bottles broke I landed in glass many stitches / nerve graft surgery on the DA list again. Sat 12/29 feeling better my son is home " Lets work on firewood ! " Split a big chunk of frozen maple which shattered into two chunks one of which got my left calf and laid it open to the bone. So 25 stitches later I am on the DA list again. My take away is for me not to overdo it and think things through that is my New Years resolution. 

I hope all of you have a safe and prosperous New Year with your families and Friends. 
JD 2302R/Stihl MS461/Stihl MS261/ Timberwolf TW-P1/ new left hip /

mike_belben

Dang.  I dunno what the DA list is but i hope to stay off it after hearing of all your misfortune.  Sorry to hear about all that pain and suffering and i hope your luck changes soon!  Stay safe.
Praise The Lord

lxskllr

You've had some terrible luck this year! Next year's almost certain to be better  :^D

Hope you mend up quick, and can get some wood done before summer comes  :^)

Old Greenhorn

Very sorry to read this gasman. You have had a very tough year! Are you OK for firewood this winter or in a bad way? (I share the obsession and try to have next seasons wood stacked by June, before it gets too hot.)
 If you are in a bad spot (aside from the injuries, which are bad enough) maybe a couple of us can get together and pick a day to come and lend you some work hands. I think you are within striking distance of me if i get on the road early, but I ain't 30 anymore, another younger buck wold help a lot.
Heal up, and have a better year coming up!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

John Mc

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 31, 2018, 12:46:26 PMIf you are in a bad spot (aside from the injuries, which are bad enough) maybe a couple of us can get together and pick a day to come and lend you some work hands. I think you are within striking distance of me if i get on the road early, but I ain't 30 anymore, another younger buck wold help a lot. Heal up, and have a better year coming up!

Where in Upstate NY are you, Gasman? If there is a need, and this happens, I may be able to help. I'm in the Champlain Valley of VT, but my wife's family is from Pulaski (north of Syracuse), so I'm out that way from time to time.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

gasman1075

Thank you very much. I am good for this year and have started on 2019-20. I am going to quarter these big monsters so that I can handle them safely.

gasman1075

I am on the NY / Mass border near Jiminy Peak ski area and about 30 minutes south of Bennington VT

gasman1075

Old Greenhorn

Well just be careful and wear your gear. Never thought of wearing chaps while splitting, but maybe I should if I do frozen wood. I think you are a little more than an hour and a half run from me to the NNE if you get in a bind.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

thecfarm

Some of you guys on this thread could use some luck,besides bad!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

Does the local hospital give a discount for repeat customers? Maybe frequent flyer miles. Stay safe, be careful and have a good 2019!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: gspren on December 31, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Does the local hospital give a discount for repeat customers? Maybe frequent flyer miles. Stay safe, be careful and have a good 2019!
I spent some time working in the ER a few years back, and repeat customers with real problems (not the 'I got this pain and it keeps moving around' junk) can expect an easier check in because their info is on file and if they are easy to work with, perhaps and extra jello. Welcome to health care in New York. That's why I treat myself whenever possible.

mike_belben

Jiminy peak is my favorite downhill mountain bike spot. Beautiful there. 
Praise The Lord

gasman1075

Thank you all for your kind offers and good wishes. 

Happy  New Year 

Thank You Sponsors!