iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ok or not ok for lumber storage

Started by raycon, February 13, 2004, 07:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycon

http://www.by-the-sea.com/stimsonmarine/bowroof.html

Bought the plans made the jig,built a couple before winter for boat and car storage. (Found similar plans in an old issue of wooden boat magazine after the fact)
Now I'm wondering if there would be any advantage/disadvantage  to storing milled lumber in them?

Any advantage/disadvantage in storing lumber in a greenhouse type structure?

Anyone looking for side product may want to consider this as a option -- many people have asked if I'd make them a smaller version. I used spruce that was probably headed to the burn pile for both.  

I'm not affiliated with Stimson Marine.
Lot of stuff..

Den Socling

I've built a couple skin-on-frame kayaks and I can tell you it can be a rugged design. I can see it adapted to a shed. As far as lumber storage is concerned, just be sure that you can ventilate if/when the humidity starts to rise.

raycon

Lot of stuff..

Den Socling

The kayaks were not something you would use for play in whitewater but they would safely get you downstream through whitewater. They would flex which was a little scary at times until you got used to it.

Fast, rocky streams are not a good place to put in with a skin-on-frame boat.  :D Deeper streams, rivers and ocean bays are great places to use them.

AtLast

Im waitin ta see how long it take fer one-a-ya fellers ta whip up a dug out  ;D  :)

Thank You Sponsors!