iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Change of Scenery

Started by ElectricAl, March 22, 2003, 06:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

Friday, I was able to slip up north to Inspectorwoody's place.

When I got there the "Inspector" was pulling maintenance on the head rig. After a quick hand shake we moved into  Inspectorwoody's office.

DanG :o
This ain't no "Simple Set Works" here.

I had my back up against another puter' , so not all the buttons and levers made it in to the photo.

We chatted about sawing technique and maximizing grade for awhile.

I grabbed this shot while a Filer and Maintenance technician approched to check the band and wear blocks.

I have had a chance to run quite a few different sawmills, but it's going to be a COLD DAY IN Wieland's before I get a chance here. >:(

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Tom

That thing has too many buttons for me.  An "on-off" is aplenty. :P

biziedizie

Buttons, levers, computer screens, a joystick and flashing lights? Are you sure this is for cutting logs? This looks like something out of an airplane!

Steve

inspectorwoody

:D There I be! Not just one joystick but two!! Six buttons on each. It is an awesome feeling having all that power etc in the palm of your hand.

I want to Thank Al for coming up. I think he is happy with his lumber purchase. It was a good time and I enjoy a visit every once in awhile  :) If any of you other sawmillers get the chance, swing on up. I would be more than happy to show you around.

Thanks for posting the pics Al!

Gadget

Jeff

Gadget, what do the monitors show?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

inspectorwoody

We have five monitors in the cab! One in the back is the main setup screen etc. where we make all our changes on our sets etc. Than we have one in the upper left hand corner of the cab which is our down time monitor which allows us to pick the the down time type such as breaks or edgerman etc. Then you move to the upper right hand corner of the cab and this shows us the views of our four cameras placed outside the cab so we are able to see our surroundings such as load/stop deck, drop belt, edgerman etc. Now to the ones you all can see. The montior on the very left is our inovec setworks screen with log scan etc and it shows you where your next board etc will come from along with the one after that. It also tells you the lenght of board etc. The one to the right is a picture of the log you are currently sawing. Tells you when the wood is in saw, your thickness, accum. bf sawed, how many logs we have done etc. Hope this clarifys things a lil' bit more. Any more questions feel free to ask.

For more pics etc. please visit our web page at www.wlumber.com

Thanks

Gadget

Jeff

I keep most of that in my head where only I can see it. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dail_h

SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   And I thought lectric start and a foot operated receeder was high tech
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

D._Frederick

Inspector-,
How big is this the band, single or double cut? How many hp?
Do you grade saw on the head rig or just square the log? What is your production rate?  What size logs do you mainly saw?

inspectorwoody

Not sure on band size and or hp. Single cut bands I believe. We grade saw and square up the log for our linebar resaw. Production...not sure but would estimate in the upper thirty thousad bf a day range. As far as log size...it varies...from prob 10" up to prob 30 diam. We are sawing red oak right now and I know we got some huge logs.

I only know what they want me too and or tell me!!  :D

inspectorwoody

:o Yesterday we had a log that was 41". It was a big sucker...had to 45 it and all that fancy jazz to get it cut.

Thank You Sponsors!