iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goats

Started by Den Socling, July 24, 2012, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I read a news story today about a guy who was seen crawling around the mountains in a goat suit. He said he was practicing for archery season!  :o Seems to me like a good way to catch an arrow in your side.

Cypressstump

I too read that, in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah. I've skied And Elk hunted up there. Saw a few goats as well. The article said goat season was to open in a couple weeks. I wondered if Goat hunters were required to wear Hunters Orange as I had to while Elk hunting. If so, sort of defeats the purpose of wearing that all white suit he had on. Unless he would foolishly wear all white during season. Some folks like to use high velocity lead during archery season..... :(
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

beenthere

Read some about this guy, who claimed to be preparing for goat hunting in Canada, implying rifle season not archery. Apparently archery season in Utah that no orange is required, only during gun season.
A risky technique, but whatever works is prolly what he has in mind. Hopefully the other hunter knows its target. A bear, wolf, or mtn lion might just pick this 'goat' out of the heard thinking it is some easy prey.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!