iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sweet Gum Hat

Started by Den-Den, June 14, 2015, 09:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den-Den

Finished this today.  A bee may be a strange decoration but I did two of them anyway (one on each side).

Size 7-1/4
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Andy White

Dennis,
You never cease to amaze me!! Outstanding work. If you keep that up, sweet gum will become more valuable than  walnut !!     8) 8) 8)  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

That is incredible, but I wear a 7.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LaneC

That is very very nice. I like the bee. The bee is a symbol of being industrious, and you are very much so to build something like that. That is nice.
Man makes plans and God smiles

sandsawmill14

do you have it in a 7 1/2 ? :D :D :D  that is amazing workmanship smiley_thumbsup i really enjoy seeing all the projects you guys do that i only wish i could do :-\ :D

p.s. whos the egghead modeling it?  :)

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

scsmith42

That is too cool!  Thanks for sharing.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

Den,

That sweetgum comes pre-warped  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

That bee a very nice hat.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

justallan1

That hat is just awesome! Nice work and kudos on having the patience and skill to do it.

Magicman

That hat keeps reminding me of the old adage; "Hate the sin but love the sinner".

I hates Sweetgum, smiley_thumbsdown but love the Hat.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lowpolyjoe

Amazing work!  And I think the bee looks great

DeerMeadowFarm

All I can say is "Wow!"

nmericle53

Den Den, wish I had your patience. You are so talented. Maybe we will get to see it next time we visit dablack.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

gww

I am not critical,  I just got bees so I like that to.  I do wish you would show the process of making something like that.  I doubt I would try it anyway cause I can't draw a strait line with a ruler but it would be neat to have a "how it is made" segment on this.  Beautiful!
gww

clww

Incredible craftsmanship! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

That looks nice. Dare I ask how many hours you have in it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dablack

So cool!

I still have that sweatgum you and I put on the ground a year ago!  I just mowed around it last night!  HA!  Of course the stump is growing back....
Building my own house in East TX

Peter Drouin

Nice, How many hours to make it?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!