iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The price of morel mushrooms

Started by Robert R, March 23, 2007, 12:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

The last several years, I have lucked into a honey hole for shrooms.  I usually leave quite a few behind and stop hunting before they are done coming up because I have had all I want.  This year, I would like to dehydrate a pound of fresh mushrooms and then sell it.  Has anyone out there sold or bought morel mushrooms like this.  I am curious as to the proper price.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Kcwoodbutcher

You can never have enough morels! City Market price for fresh morels has been $12 to $15 a pound
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Cedarman

I can not believe any one would have the audacity to come on this forum and say they could go out and find too many mushrooms.  It just makes some of us feel so inconsequential.   :D :D :D

Robert R,if I were you I would take evasive measures when you head to your mushroom patch. I would check the truck for locating devices too.  People will stoop to any means to find your patch.  Happy picking.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

CLL

If he finds more than he needs, he could sure send them to me. I probably woould even pay the postage. :D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Onthesauk

Just noticed an ad on Craigslist from Bellingham, WA for morels for $6.00 a pound.  Sounds way cheap to me  but..........
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

fuzzybear

$6 a pound is for wet fresh mushrooms. that's what the buyers pay. Retail for a pound of dried morels is around $175 to $250 this time of year.
We had large scale fires here 3 years ago and the following year I was picking morels every day. Price dropped to $5 and went as high as $8.50 per pound fresh. I was picking over 150 lbs a day. VERY good money.
I dried about 50lbs and sold them in January for $185 a pound, and I was told I let them go to cheap. :o
Money to be made in those fungi!!! ;D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Robert R

Thanks guys.  I'm not talking 100s of pounds here or anything.  My wife won't eat them so a mess or two is good for me for the year but I hate to think of just leaving that money lying on the forest floor for the possums and bugs to eat.  I may see if I can find a local fresh buyer to sell to as well. 
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Steve

You should consider Ebay. Last year I saw a guy that was selling quite a lot of Morels on there.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Thank You Sponsors!