iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have you been naughty?

Started by Drew62, February 21, 2019, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

That wife would be down the road and I would go back and buy the chaps. ::)  :o  My wife bought me a pair for my birthday. She thought mine was too dirty and worn out. ;D  Well she was right on the too dirty part. We went for a ride on my birthday and stopped into labonville and told me you need a new pair of chaps. Happpy Birthday.She's a keeper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

No love there. What an attitude, I would be showing her the door too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Andries

Insurance co-pay, or no insurance. A couple hundred stitches will hand out a bucket of pain.
I wouldn't show her the door - I'd show her the chainsaw and say, "go to it girl !" 
;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Drew62

I find with chainsaws its all the stuff you have to carry 'just in case',not so bad on wheels,but even then it gets in the way of loads coming home.On foot,alone sometimes you have to compromise and of course in the woods alone often mean alone.High on my list is a loud whistle and a decent first aid kit with a pouch of those deep wound packing granules,whether I would be in a rational state to effectively apply them cut near to the bone is an interesting thought....
A slave to the machines.

lxskllr

Quote from: Drew62 on March 07, 2019, 08:12:43 PM
I find with chainsaws its all the stuff you have to carry 'just in case',not so bad on wheels,but even then it gets in the way of loads coming home.On foot,alone sometimes you have to compromise and of course in the woods alone often mean alone.High on my list is a loud whistle and a decent first aid kit with a pouch of those deep wound packing granules,whether I would be in a rational state to effectively apply them cut near to the bone is an interesting thought....
I pretty much work alone 100% of the time. I've been contemplating some advanced medical supplies myself. I need to make the time to research it, and put a kit together.

hacknchop

Yup I work alone and don't want to even mention my lack of safety gear, but the habit that I have that drive my friends crazy is that I use a grinder to adjust the takers in my saws and have for yrs and no I don't grind them right off, I  have tried to teach a few employees how to do this but only one picked it up successfully. You just barely touch them and all the same. I used to use a jockey grinder on the circular blade . Then when I  got my mobile dimension mill I sharpened the teeth free hand on a bench grinder and for some reason provably couldn't find a file anyway used the bench grinder and later switched to  small hand grinder saw in the vise.
Often wrong never indoubt

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Drew62 on March 07, 2019, 08:12:43 PMHigh on my list is a loud whistle and a decent first aid kit with a pouch of those deep wound packing granules,whether I would be in a rational state to effectively apply them cut near to the bone is an interesting thought....
Once you get past the point of freaking out, (and assuming you are still conscious) your next thought will turn toward "what can I do now" and you will surprise yourself at what you can accomplish. :) If you don't have the tools, you can't do a lot without some advanced training. I keep a small (4"x6") trauma kit on the belt of my chaps. It just has the major wound basics. Anything beyond that can wait.
 I spent plenty of time driving folks to hospitals and responding to folk's worst day, most clear their heads when they realize their situation, especially if they are alone. I can tell you that as a responder, we worry much more about FINDING the patient, than we do about treating them. SO consider that when you are out and about. If you get hurt, how will you call for help, and when you have done that, how can we find you? I think I have more stories about trying to locate victims, then I do about all the challenging medical issues.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Rebarb

I've never had good habits to begin with over 40 yrs ago.
Never once used a chain brake.
Never once started a saw on the ground. 

BUT....I do wear proper PPE.

Thank You Sponsors!