iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Sawyer in Western KY....

Started by Warren, November 24, 2006, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Here is a pic of the newest sawyer in Western KY.   James aka "Gates" has been on the forum longer than I have.  James finally took the plunge and bought my LT15.  The picture below is James on the left and his father-in-law Olbert Embry on the right as they were getting ready to pull out of my place.

The only thing I'm not certain about was Jame's plan to set the mill up at Olbert's place.  I'm not certain if Olbert is gettin a good deal (free mill) or more work ????    :D :D :D

James,  Again good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Warren

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

BBTom

Glad to hear it went to a good home, Warren.

How you geting along with that LT40? 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Warren

Tom,

Hello !  I went out and re-learned why everyone says we should charge by the hour and by the blade to resaw old barn beams... :D    Even tho the nails were a pain, it was still much quicker on the LT40.  I've bumped the two plane clamp with the blade guide arm a couple times.  Also tried to push the log loading arms with the outboard band wheel housing a couple times.  Fortunately, I'm still going slowly, so damage.

Got the paper work from Baker to buy the edger we looked over at the PB show.  8)  About 6 to 8 week lead time.   :-[    Couldn't find any roll case locally.  Finally bought some rollers off of ebay.  Should be here in a week or so.  Then I'll build the roll cases for off bearing and feeding the edger.

Had a good time with James and his father-in-law this morning.  I hope he has as much fun getting started with the LT 15 as I did.  He kept saying it will only be a hobby, yada, yada.  I told his FIL that 3 years tops, he'll be looking for a bigger mill.   :D

Hope all is well up your way.  Sounds like you will have enough to keep you busy up till close to time for the sugar shack.  Take care...

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

customsawyer

Good for you Warren. I hope all is well with the LT40. I know that you will get things figured out to keep from doing those little bo-boos. ;D
I am glad that you were able to sell the LT15.
Best of luck.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!