iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of Maple Burl Slabs

Started by BCsaw, August 23, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCsaw

I milled these the other night for a relative. They are from a big leaf maple burl that was air dried for 10 years. Some of the grain and colour may be hard to see. I sealed these immediately with end grain sealer. This was the first maple that I have milled.

Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Darrel

BCsaw, that is some purdy wood!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rasman57

Nice!  Wow 10 years waiting to be shown to the world....cool.

drobertson

Can't wait to see the finish! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

Those are going to make some nice projects for sure.

Allan

BCsaw

These were for my wife's uncle. He was gracious enough to let us select a piece. I think I will make a table for the living room.

I asked him to send pictures of the completed projects so that I can post them.

Apparently he has an even bigger burl off of the same tree!!
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

mesquite buckeye

Super cool. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Kasba

Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

Thank You Sponsors!