iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree farmer c4

Started by drlewis, July 23, 2018, 08:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlewis

i have a c4 for about five years now. i used it to pull firewood for my processor i now buy wood del. i am thinking about selling it ,havnt seen any for sale to compare to for price any help would be app. it has recent cummins 3.9 turbo and 4 almost new firestone forstry tires with 4 used chains thanks 

Autocar

Just goggle treefarmer c4 and your get a idea what there worth. Good luck
Bill

jdatwood

Wow! Sounds like a mean little machine! Wish it'd been out there when I was looking. Tree farmers don't seem to fetch much money in Maine but they may elsewhere. They are one of the most undervalued machines IMO. Just a real clean simple robust design. Around here the going rate for an average C4-C5 tree Farmer with all the average issues is 8-12k. Anyhow, IMO when I've sold skidders I didn't give any consideration to what other people were asking for theirs. It's all about the value of your machine. If anyone has a brain between their ears and actually has real money to spend they'll know what they're looking at and add up all the value of parts they won't be buying. Best thing I've found is keep receipts and your value in just parts plus a fair machine price is a good place to start.  C4's also tend to fetch a bit more money being small. Usually guys upgrading from a tractor will snatch those up. Those type of folks are used to paying 25-30k for a tractor so 14-18k for a decent skidder is chump change. I also think honestly is the best policy. If you know about some quirks, fix them or let the prospective buyers know. There's also items that may be on your to do list after they're a bit more worn out, disclose those. I think if the cage and tins aren't all banged up and beat, mechanically it sounds good and new rubber is a HUGE bonus you'll sell it no problem. Don't hesitate to list it on Craigslist in 2-3 neighboring states. It sounds like it's real nice and if your confident in what you have they'll see your confidence and be willing to pay the number. As you know, you can buy a 10k machine and throw another 5k at it to be useable or you can buy a 20k machine and still throw 5k at it to be useable.

logman81

Ive got a c4b im thinking about selling as well.
Precision Firewood & Logging

tacks Y

One could also put an ad here?

drlewis

thanks for the info,i also but new bands in the winch and a reman alt,its woods ready with chokers thanks again

logman81

Sounds like a nice skidder id love to have it lol.

logman81

Any news on what your planning to do with it?

drlewis

i am going to to sell it, i hate to it runs great but i need a left shoulder replacement due to arthritis

logman81

Awww ok sounds like a nice skidder i bet it sounds nice with that motor.

drlewis

it is in nice shape, even the brakes work, the motor has more power then it needs and great on fuel .its turn key with 4 really used  chains but they work .

logman81

drlewis

put mine on cl and got a buyer for full asking price, but they wanted me to mail 1,400 western union to another person in sc. didnt do it .said they put money in my paypal but nothing there after 3 days

Corley5

Cash at pick up or their check has to clear through my bank before anything leaves my possession.  That's my CL policy :) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

drlewis

thats the best way, this person showed a fake paypal  where the funds are but its not in my real paypal hope nobody falls for this scam.

logman81

Satamax

Quote from: drlewis on August 04, 2018, 09:18:01 AM
put mine on cl and got a buyer for full asking price, but they wanted me to mail 1,400 western union to another person in sc. didnt do it .said they put money in my paypal but nothing there after 3 days
You're discovering African scams! :~
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Quote from: Corley5 on August 04, 2018, 09:52:44 AM
Cash at pick up or their check has to clear through my bank before anything leaves my possession.  That's my CL policy :) 8)
Corley, that not even good enough. If the originating account has cashed a fake check, they would withdraw the money from your account, when they discover that there was no balance on the buyer's account. I know someone who got done for 50000€. French police and customs wouldn't bulge, Belgian police and customs wouldn't either. He managed to go up in Antwerp, and that the port's customs officers who finally got him his land cruiser back. Thankfully he had a GPS tracker on the car. And knew where it was. And thankfully the transit time for the big car transporting boats is long. So the car stayed for may be three or four weeks in Antwerp. And thankfully he had a proof of the scam he had been victim of. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Corley5

That's what I mean when I say clear.

Satamax

Problem, is that now, it can take a fortnight. 

Corley5

drlewis

scammer just gave me 24 hrs too sent  the shipper the western union order or else,because they have all my info.all this to sell a skidder 

47sawdust

You might only respond to phone calls,email and text messages are too much aggravation.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Satamax

Quote from: 47sawdust on August 06, 2018, 07:50:57 PM
You might only respond to phone calls,email and text messages are too much aggravation.
I do the contrary, first contact via email. If the guy can't write, to the bin it goes. When you sell a car in France,  you have sometimes ten africans calling in a day. So, email is easier. 

Thank You Sponsors!